Health Regulation Division Director - Health Care Policy & Delivery Systems Division Director
Location: St Paul, Minnesota, US
Recruiter: Minnesota Department of Health
Date posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Category: Health Care - Medical
Job Class: Health Care Policy and Delivery Systems Division Director
Working Title: Health Regulation Division Director
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open for all qualified job seekers.
Date Posted: 12/18/2020
Closing Date: 01/19/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Department of Health
Division/Unit: Health Regulation Division / Division Director's Office
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00am - 4:30pm
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $43.39 - $62.12/hourly; $90,598 - $129,706/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 220 - Managerial Plan
FLSA Status: Exempt - Executive
Connect 700 Program Eligible : Yes
The Health Regulation Division (HRD) performs a critical role in protecting the health and safety of all Minnesotans through ensuring compliance with laws and rules designed to protect nursing home residents, home care clients, hospital patients, clients of certain allied health professional groups and those involved in the disposition of the deceased.
The Health Regulation Division Director directs the day-to-day activities of HRD. The Director plans, develops and implements statewide licensing and registration activities and ensures compliance with federal certification requirements. The Director works to find efficiencies across sections, all of which are regulatory in nature, and to engage staff in ongoing quality improvement of programs. They are responsible for the development and implementation of legislative initiatives and federal budget requests that address important community concerns or safety issues.
The Director works closely with a diverse community and a variety of clientele which include: morticians, funeral homes and crematories, various allied health professionals, state licensed and federally certified facilities including nursing homes, home health agencies and providers, hospitals, hospices, End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, and their residents/patients and clients, legislators and legislative staff, other state agencies including the Minnesota Department of Human Services and the Minnesota Department of Commerce, federal agencies including the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), consumers and other stakeholder groups, media and the general public.
Job responsibilities include:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Providing leadership and direction in order to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Division in a timely and effective manner.
- Participating as a member of the Division management team and other leadership teams, representing the Division at the Legislature and participating in various division and agency-wide meetings in an effort to support and strengthen the agency's work.
- Providing direction and coordination to the Division for policy development related to all HRD programs to ensure programs are up to date, effective, reflective of the agency's health equity priorities, and responsive to the needs of those regulated and served by those programs.
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of communication strategies and relationships that contribute to the success of the Division in achieving its goals.
- Providing direction and management for the Division in human resource policy and practice and leading by example in treating all staff members and clients with respect, patience and courtesy so that effective and cooperative working relationships with others are established and maintained.
Master's Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Care Administration, Public Policy, Nursing, Management or a related area AND two years of managerial experience that includes directing one or more major health program area and supervising professional level staff.
Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Care Administration, Public Policy, Nursing, Management or a related area AND six years of managerial experience that includes directing one or more major health program areas and supervising professional level staff.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience in program planning and implementation, program evaluation and development of policies and priorities.
- Experience monitoring program outcomes and creating performance measures to track successes and areas for improvement.
- Prior work experience in regulation/enforcement, preferably in a health-related field.
- Experience with organizational problem solving and process improvement with the ability to analyze problems and recommend changes in departmental policies, plans, and procedures.
Experience in State or Federal government policy work/development.
Experience in State government budgeting, finance and human resource planning.
Experience in public speaking, presentations, or providing legislative testimony.
Experience in or an understanding of how to mediate opposing positions.
Experience working with diverse and multicultural communities.
Experience building coalitions with stakeholder groups.
Experience with preparing or reviewing written communications on complex topics for a range of audiences, with a focus on plain language.Additional Requirements
Must successfully pass a background check.Application Details Why Work For Us
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employer longevity and job satisfaction.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.