Reports to: VP OPS
Span of Control: 250+ incl. Managers, Leads and AM’s
Location: Cape Town, CBD
Primary Internal Interactions
- Below: Senior Managers and Managers
- Above: VP Ops
- Support: Training, HR & Process Excellence Teams and Client Relationship Managers
Primary External Interactions
- Clients: Various levels (Processing Staff, Process Managers, Client’s Project management Office, Client’s Leadership)
- Manage the Operational Delivery which includes, but is not limited to: Capacity Planning, Adherence to Service Levels, Revenue Realization, Profitability
- Ensure all migrations are managed seamlessly
- Map peer levels across client organization and establish peer-level relationships within the client organization
- Establishing operational performance goals
- Work with the Sales, Client Relationship managers & Migrations team to provide support/oversight for new/ additional offshoring opportunities
- Put control measures in place to ensure adherence to budget and cost control
- Implementing revenue costs and capacity planning
- Developing and approving cost plans and incentive plans
- Provide leadership to Managers, Asst Managers and Executives
- Establishing a review/reporting mechanism with client
- Ensure compliance to all internal and client requirements like SOX, BS7799, ISO etc.
- Negotiating and finalizing SLA’s with the Client – contract negotiation
- Identify and champion black belt improvement projects
- Review the progress of attraction action plans and check effectiveness
The Performance parameters include:
- Client satisfaction (15%)
- Revenue and costs (40%)
- Process Improvement (10%)
- Employee satisfaction (10%)
- Attrition management (25%)
* The weightings may change from time to time depending on business requirements
Any other essential function that may occur from time to time as directed by the Supervisor
- Degree/Diploma (3 years or more) and preferably a Postgraduate
- Minimum 8 years work experience, preferably BPO background.
- Experience in managing teams for at least 3 years.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Computer navigation skills
- Good keyboarding speed
- Basic knowledge of off-shoring technology set-up like Bandwidth utilization etc.
Process Specific Skills
- · Inbound call center experience is essential.
- · Some level of experience in Back-office transaction processing preferred
- · L&A Insurance, preferably US.
- Reasonable level of business perspective and capability to drive improvements based on benchmarks
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Process Excellence methodology
- Good cross-functional appreciation and capability to team with relevant others to drive business objectives