To provide support to the Senior Manager: Corporate Risk & Markets as part of the second line of defense in the overall execution of the duties to support the short-term insurance (STI) Head of Actuarial Function (HAF) in fulfilling his role as set out by the PA and ASSA. Provide support on financial risk management as well as quantifying risk exposures and aggregation of risks across the Group. Analyse financial statements of other players in the insurance industry, locally and internationally, to provide various metrics for comparison to the Group.
- Bsc Actuarial Sciences
- 3-6 Year in Reviewing or Calculating reserves and Capital
- Completed CT’s and CA 1 (Essential)
- CERA Qualification – Advantageous
- Insurance Industry essential
- Working knowledge of ORSA, Pricing, Risk Management and Reinsurance
- SAM Reporting
- Support to the STI HAF by reviewing the Technical provisions, ORSA projections, economic capital model and Regulatory Capital calculations under SAM and in line with the relevant ASSA guidance and provide recommendations to 1st line management.
- Review the premiums (models, optimization, data) and governance structures surrounding the setting of premiums to ensure that the premiums are adequate to cover claims and expenses
Risk Management and Analysis Requirements:
- Assist with risk assessments, control self-assessments and other relevant risk management activities in the Actuarial space in order to provide a view of the associated risks within the Group on the basis of which the most significant risks are highlighted and their mitigation appropriately managed in conjunction with Business.
- Work closely with 1st line in order to develop financial Risk appetite metrics across the Group.
- Operationalize the Risk Appetite, embed it into the business and ensure regular reporting and monitoring thereof, reporting on breaches where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with the ORSA requirements from a Group perspective, coordinating inputs from the different functional areas incl. the Solvency Capital Requirements (SCR) assessment from Corporate Actuarial
- When performing any task, ensure compliance with the relevant GOI and FSI standards from the PA as well as any relevant guidance from ASSA related to Actuarial work.
- Support the STI HAF to enable him/her to perform their role as set out in their terms of reference, in line with regulations. this includes updating relevant policies and aligning Actuarial practices to the regulatory requirements, established under SAM
Apply directly online.
If you are looking for the opportunity to become part of a hard-working team and have the necessary skills and requirements, then apply and send us your CV now!
Please apply directly, by clicking on the apply button or visit www.------ for more exciting Finance jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting finance career opportunities in our niche area!
For more information, please contact on: -----
Senior Recruitment Consultant: Jaymal Nagar or email:
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.