Johannesburg and Cape Town
There will be regular interaction with the product team to support the take-on of new products.
This role offers you the opportunity to obtain insight into the key financial drivers of the retail wealth products, link metrics and extract insights for business consideration.
In addition, it will provide you with exposure to IFRS17 and offer the opportunity to shape reporting under this new regime.
Financial & Risk Reporting:
- Ensure that valuation, capital and other risk reporting are produced accurately, within agreed deadlines and with appropriate supporting commentary.
- Ensure that capital calculations (Statutory, Internal, SAM and Economic Capital) are produced accurately and on time.
- Extracting insights for business consideration and collaborating with both business and specialised areas.
Business Planning / Forecasting:
- Support the team that provides forecasting and ongoing monitoring (outside of valuation periods) of the future financial impacts of the Wealth strategy.
IFRS 17 Implementation:
- Be involved in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into business processes.
Ensuring processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose and the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Actuarial student with 9 exam credits
- At least 2 years actuarial experience
- Have strong technical skills
- Motivated self-starter who displays initiative
- Ability to complete tasks within agreed timelines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team will give you a competitive edge
High levels of drive, energy, innovation and a willingness to learn and grow