Johannesburg and Cape Town
The role requires a technically sound individual, who is able to manage and coach a small team and collaborate effectively with various teams and stakeholders at all levels.
Oversee the valuation of all life wrapped products. This includes international business offered through offshore branches.
Strong focus on ensuring processes are robust, efficient and fit for purpose, with appropriate controls.
A key part of the role will be providing management insights to the business and assisting with implementing IFRS17 across the business.
Require participation in various projects, which will present opportunities to develop further insights and influence reporting within and across the various teams.
IFRS 17 development and implementation: Take ownership and provide guidance on various elements of IFRS 17 development for the business including:
- Data and infrastructure development
- Policy and methodology formulation
- Transition calculations
- Actuarial modelling support
- Actuarial and finance process enablement
- Business impact analysis
Process efficiency and automation:
- Ensure processes are efficient, robust and fit for purpose
- Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective
Reserving, embedded value, capital and business insights: Oversee the valuation process and provide insights on the Life financial results and performance, while ensuring appropriate controls, including:
- Market consistent embedded value
- Value of new business
- Analysis of surplus and embedded value
- Smooth bonus products
- Solvency capital calculations
- Earnings at risk
- Regulatory reporting, including offshore regulators
- Experience investigations
- Development and maintenance of tools to analyse actuarial data and results in order to enhance management reporting
- Produce reports providing insights into business results and emerging trends
Support with business planning, forecasting and insights
- Implement models that assist with planning and forecasting
Provide mentorship and leadership to a small team of actuarial students
- Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified Actuary
- At least 7 years’ actuarial experience
- Experience in life investment products will be advantageous
- IFRS17 knowledge will be a distinct advantage
- Experience leading a team
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)
- Strong stakeholder engagement skill
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others