A leading Global IT Solutions Organisation is looking for an Advanced Infrastructure Solutions Architect - Electrical Engineer to join their Dynamic and innovative team in Johannebsurg.
- Professional Engineer, PEng
- BSC Electrical or BSC Mechanical or related
- Medium Voltage Certification
- Switching Certification
- 2 - 5 years’ relevant experience - medium/high current
- 5 years’ Design and Consulting experience with preferably Data Centre Infrastructure and ICT environment
- Highly Beneficial: Experience in renewable energy - Wind/Solar/Fossil Fuels
In this position you will be required to:
1. Analyses, specifies, updates and makes available specifications to implement designed solutions in accordance with the customer needs. Selects appropriate technical options optimising the balance between costs, quality, energy efficiency, availability, scalability and standards. Identifies change requirements and the components involved. Maintains alignment between business evolution and technology developments.
2. Plans, supervises and implement research methodologies and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to electrical data centre engineering projects
3. Responsible for providing capital project programs for new equipment or major repairs. Authorizes budgets, estimating labour, material and construction costs
4. Plans, supervises and implement research and methodologies, and procedures to apply principles of engineering theory to data centre engineering and projects
5. Use relevant business cases and technical knowledge of ICT infrastructure to personalize a credible solution in line with the client’s needs and identify and create demand for solutions that drive sales.
6. Develop and drive sales engagement to identify key clients and actively target client segments.
7. Set commercial and other objectives, drive the achievement of these objectives and reports against these objectives.
8. Document functional requirements and needs as well as non-functional requirements for the solution and conduct solution design reviews to ensure capacity to provide the solution and the profitability to the business.
9. Contribute to the development the Service Level Agreements (SLA), evaluate performance and outline investments and process improvements to meet or exceed SLA expectations.