The mandatory requirements for this position are:
- Zero (0) – two (2) years of relevant general application architect experience;
- Relevant qualification; and
- Knowledge of, or experience in, at least one of the following areas:
- Application modelling and frameworks;
- Application development and integration; and
- Database management systems.
Responsibilities and Job Function
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist in providing design guidelines to application architecture from various perspectives such as interoperability capability, performance and scalability, reliability and availability, application lifecycle stage and technological risks;
- Conduct research on industry-standard application architecture patterns;
- Work with business units and assist to translate business strategy into discrete requirements compatible with current available architectures;
- Assist in defining an application architecture blueprint that covers individual application, the interactions between the applications, the relationship of the applications to core business processes and the framework for services to be exposed as business functions for integration;
- Assist in defining an application architecture roadmap that maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness;
- Assist in recommending new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment;
- Assist in driving new technologies towards implementation and exploitation; and
- Assist in defining architecture standards and anticipate areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, information technology (IT) and industry standards.
Knowledge and Skills
The general skills required for this position are:
- Basic research, analysis, problem-solving skills, listening, communication skills and presentation skills on presenting technical information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; and
- Ability to work effectively under supervision in a structured environment.
The technical skills required for this position are:
- Basic knowledge of architecture frameworks;
- Basic knowledge of architecture modelling tools, modelling languages and application infrastructure frameworks;
- Basic experience in system integration, web services and middleware patterns;
- Basic experience in web development, mobile application and desktop application development;
- Basic experience using source control tools and system development methodologies; and
- Basic knowledge of testing levels and techniques;
- Basic knowledge of relational database technologies; and
- Basic experience in designing application specific solutions which could include pavement management system, automated fare collection, advanced public transport management system and transport and urban planning modelling tools.
The qualifications and experience related to this position are:
- Appropriate and recognised formal general application architect related tertiary qualification; and
- Experience of zero (0) – two (2) years within a general application architect role.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.