Location Bellville, Western Cape
Category Business Analyst
Job Type Permanent
Overall Purpose and Objective of this Position:
This role’s objective is to deliver Digital Email and Mobile solutions to clients. As a passionate thought leader in digital, this person evaluates and brings new advancements to the company. This person will serve as the glue between the client, the account manager and the development team. You are the best at finding the best solution to integrate data-driven digital solutions that drive proven ROI for our clients.
Purpose of the position:
The Digital Business Analyst will work closely with clients to identify, analyse and document the requirements for the Digital Email and Mobile solutions. As the Digital Business Analyst you will focus on delivering useful and usable digital solutions for clients.
The Digital Business Analyst will design the solution and act as the “front office” product owner to internal teams for requirement clarification, functionality sign-off and concept demo purposes.
The Digital Business Analyst will also advise, educate and provide consultancy to the client on best practices, site production processes and governance.
• Workshop with the team consisting of the account manager and client stakeholders to gather and write business requirements for large-scale digital projects like email and mobile communications solutions.
• Establish best practices, guidelines and governance models.
• Shepherd digital projects through their phases – sell-in process – presenting to clients, hammering out proposals and details, working directly with the development and project management teams to ensure delivery of projects is as good as the ideas that spawned them.
• Formulate solutions that meet their client’s requirements and scope.
• Create and maintain requirements documentation for digital projects and programs.
• Partner with creative teams on new business assignments to confidently present and prototype new ideas.
• Work with clients during test/acceptance phases to clarify issues.
Gather information on requirements
1. Accompany Sales Manager and Account Manager to see customers which could include any of the following events (only in exceptional instances will the BA engage with the Customer without the involvement of at least the Account Manager. This could be when the discussion is too technical of nature and the representative of the Customer is also of technical nature):
1.1 Assist in presenting new technology/services that the company wants to sell to the Customer
1.2 Engaging with the Customer on services that are of interest after initial presentation
1.3 Engaging with customer on enhancement/upgrading/changing of existing services
2. Engage internally with process or service owners to determine requirements of new services that IT/development has to deliver or enhancement to existing services
Draw up Specification Documents
1. Translate the information gathered into a proper Business Requirement Document (BRD) to be signed off by the designated manager
2. Determine whether existing systems and software is best option and if not research potential alternatives
3. Translate Business Requirement Document into a project plan in consultation with Programming Manager or Senior Programming Architect. Determine budget to be allocated to project plan. Get approval for project plan by Programming Manager and Senior Programming Architect.
Executing Project Plan
1. Once project approved draw up testing and acceptance plans internally and then sign off and acceptance of customer as well.
2. Work with the development team during project to assist with interpretation and implementation of the BRD. Assist with/ensure that the necessary recording/documentation takes place during the development.
3. Engage with all internal and external parties during the process to ensure communication and success on integration from all parties.
4. Document, cost and get approval for any modifications that may arise during the process
5. Perform/Assist with testing and sign off procedures until service signed off internally and externally.
6. Update Specification documentation during the process with any modifications in order to represent the end product.
7. Compile final cost and present budget vs actual to Programming Manager for final sign off.
Qualifications and other requirements:
• B2B Enterprise-scale digital Email and Mobile solutions experience.
• Displays proven knowledge and expertise in the digital space.
• Jira experience.
• Experience working with corporate customers and technical development teams.
• Ability to define Information architecture.
• Turn problems into ideas and ideas into solutions.
• Great relationship-building skills.
• Ability to talk to across business and technology teams.
• Excellent interviewing, questioning and requirements’ gathering skills.
• Attention to detail and well-structured.
• Communication skills – ability to speak and write clearly, simply and concisely.