- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effective.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements.
- Liaise and communicate the system requirements to the necessary audiences e.g. testers, developers, business analysts.
- Provide sound consulting services and recommendations based on customer and client needs, current information and trends analyses.
- Work with internal and external customers, as necessary, to analyze and provide feedback on technical and functional requirements.
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement of system functional and technical application.
- Ensure business effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering and ensuring the effective implementation of information technology solutions.
- Support Quality Assurance to test activities and to identify and correct issues and work with development team to brainstorm and prototype new ideas to stimulate innovation.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse and produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies and inconsistencies for decision-making purposes.
- Collaborate with other business units (Operations, Business analysts, Implementation, etc.) as necessary on System (technical and functional) projects.
- Explore ways to constantly improve quality of existing services, processes and systems in order to be more efficient.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies.
- Provision of training on current systems as and when required.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Development of campaigns on new platforms
- Work closely with campaign ops and analytics teams to translate campaigns to platform
- Work closely with business to understand business rules and challenges to translate and implement on new platforms
- Support ops team for mainframe and data warehouse challenges
- Solution architect
- Delivery management
- Assuming balance given solution is not too business orientated nor too technical
- Exposure to Java/C#/SQL (as the developers that the person would work with would operate in this environment)
- Responsible for resourcing people and infrastructure
- Experience in managing a development team
- A plus is an understanding of campaigns
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma and required Certification.
- 3-5 years relevant in a similar environment.
- An excellent understanding of the overall business.