The CFO''s mandate will cover the following:
- Designing and implementing financials systems to manage the overall organisational financial budget and funds.
- Set objectives and strategies for the Finance department to ensure that the required funding models and solutions are provided for the total value chain related to student funding.
- Be responsible for managing and implementing the required financial and related models and systems to streamline the funding to students and to automate and integrate all financial activities.
- Be required to formulate the Finance division business model to support and effectively manage student funding.
- Lead, develop and manage a team of financial professionals and specialists.
- Implement finance governance, risk awareness and management and compliance frameworks.
- Day to day Finance operations and business continuity including the Supply Chain Service.
- CA (SA) designation
- A minimum of 15 years'' experience in a similar environment, of which 5 to 8 years should have been at executive management level in the private and/or public sector
- A minimum of seven years’ senior management experience in Finance
- Thorough knowledge of the PFMA and related legislation (Public Finance Management Act)
- Reasonable understanding of procedures and statutory requirements applicable to section 3(A) entities
- Good knowledge of governance, risk and organisational performance management principles
- Basic understanding of the Higher Education sector
This role will be based in Cape Town.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.