- 3-5yrs experience within Cold Storage
- Previous experience (2 yrs) managing a Cold Storage Department is preferred. This should include management of staff.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- People Management
- Detail Conscious/Meticulous
- Service Delivery Focused
- Planning and Organizing
- Integrity and Ethical Conduct
- Planning of receiving and dispatching container imports and exports respectively with agents i.e. Hellman, Trade Ocean & CMA Shipping and build in lead times.
- Minimizing of errors, damage to products and claims through on-going application of corrective action.
- The movement of products into & out of cold storage as per customer requests.
- Control of bond stock (import duties)
- Assist with SARS audits.
- Ensure that a copy of the Cargo Dues document is taken to Transnet and stamped (2 or 3 times a week).
- Arrange state Vet Inspections.
- Checking occupancy levels of stock. Stock must not be below 75%. If the stock levels drop phone clients and check if they need stock to be stored at Vamasa Cold Storage
- Establish work schedules as per business requirements.
- Scheduling of trucks for exporting
- Management of all quality control aspects related to the monitoring and movement of cold storage.
- Liaising with Suppliers, labour brokers & Transporters.
- Sourcing new businesses i.e. approaching potential clients and informing them of Vamasa Storage rate and the space available for storage. The higher the volume of stock stored at Vamasa cold storage the better (lower) the storage rate will be.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the store and related equipment.
- Management and training of all staff.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.