Succcessful incumbent will have a completed B.Com (Accounting / Commercial Degree), Supply Chain or a B.Sc (Animal Health) qualification, coupled with 3-5 years related experience in a similar industry. Proven ability to source products and communicate with suppliers and customers at a high level essential.
Report directly to the BU Manager and be responsible for the following :
- Accountability for the achievement Gross Margin % targets.
- Maintenance of selling prices to ensure margins are maintained at desired levels.
- Managing AECI Animal Health sourcing of raw materials and supply chain.
- Sourcing reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Responsible for Strategizing and negotiation with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses.
- Setting sourcing and procurement policies and processes
- Ensuring quality control of raw materials sourced
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost effective
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility
- Building and maintaining long term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Tracking orders through the shipping department to ensure timeous inventory receipts
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Ensure stock optimisation: adequate raw materials available for production within working capital constraints as well as being accountable for stock accuracy
- Interacting with the sales, production, technical and quality teams to ensure the cohesive management of stock.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.