One of the leading property and development giants in South Africa is looking for a Portfolio Accountant to manage their Commerical client portfolios.
Job & Company Description:
- Conduct research and audits to confirm inquiries regarding tenant statements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly close for buildings and properties
- Review accounts payable vouchers for maintenance and repair costs
- Complete general ledger entries and manage cash balances
- Prepare and deliver to accounts payable units invoices for security deposit refunds
- Review account records such as non-recurring tenant billings, cash receipts and credit memos to ensure accurate accounts
- Process and review accounts receivable for respective properties
- Prepare and issue property tenant statements to owners in order to update them on generated revenue and expenditures
- Analyze the general ledger to ensure its accurate and balanced
- Crosscheck input information for property and tenant lease to ensure its up-to-date
- Oversee the remittance and reconciliation of legislated taxes
- Carry out forecast to identify future cash deficiencies in order to effectively manage cash positions
- Analyze variances using specialized tools in order to reconcile payments which are against contract values
- Oversee the forwarding of rental notices to tenants prior to the beginning of a new budget operating year
- Ensure follow-up draft on budget status is completed before the set deadline
- Assist with the preparation of documents for annual audits and tax filing processes
- Ensure all accounting information regarding property budgets and annual business plans are completed within the set deadline
- Maintain a proper record of depreciation and amortization of fixed assets and leasing commissions.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, or business
Job Experience & Skills Required:
- No less than 3 years in accounting
- Must have worked on the MDA system (non-negotiable) fo at least 1 year
- Must have worked in the property industry
- Must be able to juggle accounting projects for several office and commercial properties
- Be skilled in conducting periodic review and analysis of financial records to ensure balanced accounts
- Must be able to interpret accounting results using language and terms understandable to property owners or management.
For more finance jobs, please visit www.networkrecruitment.co.za
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider the vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles/positions.
For more information contact:
Specialist Consultant: General Finance & CA(SA)
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.