Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary Qualification in Cost Accounting or studying towards CIMA is preferred but not essential.
- Previous Cost Accounting experience is essential.
- Company will consider a Graduate with articles (SAICA or CIMA articles).
- Previous Pastel experience is preferred but not essential.
- Computer literacy is essential with basic working knowledge of Excel.
- Must have a technical aptitude.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating project accounts in the accounting system.
- Setting up a budget for new projects based on approved PO value and time line from services department.
- Monitoring and approving the issue of stock for the specific project.
- Ensuring expenditures are captured on a weekly basis into the accounting system.
- Sending requests for purchase orders to admin to create purchase orders.
- Ensuring that invoicing requirements are met as per specific client needs.
- Monitoring actual expenditure compared to budget.
- Ensuring project changes are accounted for in the final project sign off.
- Conducting maintenance of internal documentation ensuring project is accepted by client.
- Signing off projects with Operations Manager before final project closure.
- Ensuring all stock and services related cost are captured for month end close off.
- Preparing detailed project analysis and reconciling sales, cost and inventory accounts.
- Reporting on a weekly basis on project budget versus actuals and forecasted revenue figures.
- Maintaining project-related records including contracts and change orders.
- Investigating project variances and submitting variance reports to management.
- Closing out project accounts upon project completion.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable based on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.