A large National organisation is looking for an experience Data Engineer to join their team! If you get excited about data: it’s collection, storage, transformation or display, see if you’ve got what it takes to join our sought after DATA team.
You will represent our Company at our customers, sometimes alone, and sometimes as part of a team. If you’re doing your job well, the customer will be comfortable and confident with both you as an individual and the work you produce.
This means you may be expected to:
- Design and develop– databases, SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, dashboards or integration solutions
- Produce solutions for both real-time and batch environments
- Test you work to ensure compliance
- Solve problems, and do root cause analysis
- Prioritize your workload
- Assist in other areas relating to your true data function, such as data modelling, data and business analysts
- Work as part of a team
- Interact with a variety of individuals: senior, junior, technical and from business
- Provide guidance to fellow colleagues, or even manage a team
- Uphold the Company values, which are to care, learn & share; innovate; deliver as well as to build, enhance and maintain relationships
As part of the Data team you will be a consultant, this means:
- Providing a superior customer experience
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Working at customer offices
- Keeping data confidential
- Designing, building or amending customers’ data solutions
- …in an efficient, logical and systematic way
- Understanding customer requirements
- Following best practices and ensuring accuracy
- 5+ years’ experience
- Needs to be well versed in SQL
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in an ICT relevant field
- Microsoft, Azure or AWS certifications/experience - Essential
We’re looking for someone with these skills and experience:
- Great communication skills
- A passion for SQL, databases, reports and dashboards
- Can you write stored procedures, design complex queries and create views and triggers?
- Are you able to work out the relationships in a data warehouse or the aggregation of a cube?
- Do you extract and display useful information when you see patterns and trends in data?
- A strong knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally in a consulting role
- The use of data related software: databases, ETL and BI tools; report writing and analytical tools
- We use a lot of Microsoft products. You may often be expected to use MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI to develop solutions
- What other relevant software have you’ve used?
- Ability to work in different project methodologies: Waterfall and/or Agile
- Knowledge of full SDLC
- Exposure to logical and physical data modelling