Be part of a team that formulates, defines and executes DevOps principles in order to accelerate application deployment velocity without affecting stability, across the departments.
This is a 6 month renewable contract
Rate R400 to R450 per hour
- Provide Technical leadership for Application owners and teams in order to support the execution of the CIO Strategy and target
- Provide strategic assistance on DevOps technologies.
- Development of automation solutions.
- Business Analysis and technology consultancy.
- Engaging stakeholders and helping them to solve difficult business and technical problems is our ultimate purpose.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external parties independently and cooperatively.
● BSc-degree in Computer Science / Engineering or an NQF Level 7 equivalent qualification
● Experience and exposure to the Banking/ ICT Industry
● Experience in DevOps practices
● Experience in working with teams in a complex IT environment
● Continuous development of knowledge within DevOps
● Customer above all else attitude
Knowledge and Skills
● Mid Level experience in scripting languages such as Bash / Python / Ruby
● Ability to triage and resolve defects in any programming language
● Ability to triage and resolve defects in any IT system (Networking / Firewalls / JVMs)
● Never stop improving attitude with a focus on automating everything throughout the value chain from developing code to production monitoring
● Must understand and believe in the principles of Agile and Devops in order to lead other teams with passion and energy
● Persuasion, diplomacy and presentation skills
● Strong advocate for open source tools and software (WildFly, GitLab, Openshift, Ansible, Grafana, ELK, Prometheus)
● Ability to formulate and drive new ideas through to production
- Excellent English and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems administration.
- Flexible and creative pro-active problem solver.
- Coding and/or scripting exposure.
- Willingness to learn and work with the latest innovative technologies available on the market.
- University degree, preferably in a numerate subject (i.e. Computer Science, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of AWS, Azure and on-premise computing.
- Strong knowledge of networking, security, firewalls and infrastructure required for scalable services.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Chef / Puppet, Atlassian Stack, GIT, Nexus, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, Team City, VSTS/TFS,
- Kafka / Elastic stack, Redis, RabbitMQ, skills advantageous
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, (Azure Services Fabric for Windows and Openshift for Linux), Docker.
- DevSecOps skills & tools such as Nessus, 3rd party dependency checker and general Cyber Security skills advantageous for Cloud or on perimeter technologies.