Our Client, A global tech firm is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Sandton.
Competencies – What are the specific competencies required?
- Excellent English and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems administration.
- Flexible and creative pro-active problem solver.
- Coding and/or scripting exposure.
- Willingness to learn and work with the latest innovative technologies available on the market.
- University degree, preferably in a numerate subject (i.e. Computer Science, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of AWS, Azure and on-premise computing.
- Strong knowledge of networking, security, firewalls and infrastructure required for scalable services.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Chef / Puppet, Atlassian Stack, GIT, Nexus, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, Team City, VSTS/TFS,
- Kafka / Elastic stack, Redis, RabbitMQ, skills advantageous
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, (Azure Services Fabric for Windows and Openshift for Linux), Docker.
- DevSecOps skills & tools such as Nessus, 3rd party dependency checker and general Cyber Security skills advantageous for Cloud or on perimeter technologies.
Outputs – What are the key performance areas and daily responsibilities?
- Provide strategic assistance on DevOps technologies.
- Development of automation solutions.
- Business Analysis and technology consultancy.
- Engaging stakeholders and helping them to solve difficult business and technical problems is our ultimate purpose.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external parties independently and cooperatively.
Deliverables – What end result needs to be achieved?
- Our client delivers a wide range of Digital products (which includes mobile, web applications and APIs) as well as a number of replacement solutions for Valpre. This opportunity will span across Corporate, Investment, Client and Colleague based projects with the ultimate deliverable being to implement new solutions