- Manages all the activities of the software development group and provides guidance to team members to encourage work productivity, as well as to build a cohesive team, facilitating the completion of team goals with a focus on efficiency;
- Manages multiple projects at once;
- Ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development and Identifies tools and software to increase the efficiency of the development team;
- Represents the software department in meetings;
- Participates in design control activities;
- Writes, reviews and revises product requirements and specifications and adapts existing software systems applications and architecture as required. Implements design plans and reviews unit tests and conducts code reviews;
- Liaises closely with internal stakeholders and customers to understand system functional and non-functional requirements;
- Collaborates with management to understand the company strategy, to ensure technology stack meets strategic requirements and maintains a healthy working relationship with all business units and departments;
- Provides and implements a software development plan that meets the future needs of clients and markets based on best practices and technology within the Medical aid industry;
- Plans and implements the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated with release schedules and manages said releases;
- Creates and maintains improvement paths for the developers to grow within the organisation;
- Ensures compliance with industry-specific requirements;
- Acts as a SME on the technology stack and continuously familiarizes self with industry information and compliance requirements;
- Maintains and adheres to a high quality of delivery;
- Maintains the uptime and availability of the systems;
- Acts as a point of reference for delivery dates of projects in the development pipeline;
- Provides and maintains reporting that displays the efficient use of development resources;
- Is customer focused and driven;
- Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities, compares data from different sources to draw conclusions, using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions, taking actions that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences;
- Deals effectively with others in an antagonistic situation, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people;
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- 5 years’ Software development;
- 2 years’ Project management in the software development field;
- 2 years’ experience in managing a team.
- Experience in the Medical, general Insurance/Healthcare funding industry.
- Experience in a variety of programming languages, specifically extensive hands-on knowledge of:
- Java Enterprise Edition (EJB, JPA, JAX-RS, JAX-WS);
Education and Training Requirements
- Matric Certificate required;
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline required;
- Project management certification an advantage;
- Systems analysis or business analysis courses an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Must possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to quickly assess complex programming applications;
- Technology may require software development managers to keep up to date with the latest development software.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.