Passion for Water Treatment? Have experience in the EC&I requirements to manage a site?
Our client has a project, close to the Soweto border, for a sewage treatment plant.
Primary Purpose: Be responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes.
Ideal Candidate: 10 plus years’ experience preferably tertiary qualified in EC&I and experience in projects and site. A consultant background will not work in this role.
Job description / core competencies:
- Analyse EC&I requirements of project from BOQ, enquiry documents, contract, tender offer and project specifications
- Understand current project status and perform gap analysis on project requirements, procured and installed equipment and outstanding works
- Detailed design of remaining project EC&I requirements in accordance with project specifications and legal compliance
- Appropriately resource the project to complete design works
- Drive design and drawing approval with Client’s Engineer to completion
- Provide technical guidance and oversee resource
- Ensure all design developments and scope changes are properly costed and planned for presentation to Project Management
- Preparation of construction packages including tie-in details, constructability studies, shutdown programmes, commissioning procedures and plans
- Functional tests (FATs) and equipment inspections
- Site inspections (SATs), providing technically sound solution to problem areas
- Select, order, and procure equipment
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day construction efforts of the project
- Plan, develop, implement, and organize the construction plan and effort to ensure on-time completion within budget
- Monitor and report to Project Manager on project EC&I details, including progress, risks, and opportunities in a timely manner
- Ensure all changes to Specifications, Scope of Work, Drawings and Schedule are documented and reported to Project Manager.
- Communicate site instruction and variation orders to the Project Manager
- Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule for all the team members
- Review man-hours and duration forecasts to completion.
- Support Project Manager in developing and maintaining a detailed project program to track progress
- Support Project Manager in compiling detailed project revenue and cost management records and reports
- Support Project Manager in preparing and compiling of project related contractual claims
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation including but not limited to quality control, health and safety and project administration
- Monitor and manage EC&I construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at the construction site. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers to complete specific pieces of the project. Ensure at least minimum compliance for local community involvement. Ensure full cost recovery on all local community issues
- Strictly adhere to Company and Employer safety standards and promote safety culture
- Meet with employer, engineer, and contractors on an ongoing basis regarding project objectives and progress. Record minutes for all sub-contractor meetings
- Manage and motivate subcontractors, site foremen and work teams
- Ensure all material and equipment needed is timeously available on site.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as required by management.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
10 plus years’ experience preferably tertiary qualified in ECI and experience in projects and site. A consultant background will not work in this role.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner Enshrine Placements
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.