Our client, a dynamic Financial Services Provider seeks to employ a Head - Employee Benefits based in JHB North
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To provide strategic direction and input re. the administration of Company in line with client needs and working closely with the Executives and IT to implement and drive strategic changes. Manage a large team of client services administrators for a portfolio of funds. Lead the team and manage workflow.
- The Head Admin will direct, administer and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. The Head Admin will assist the CEO in the development of organisational policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and or business units mentioned above.
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and insures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO Insures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and SARS regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Insures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Managing overall Administration team for the full function of Employee Benefits (contributions, claims, exits )
- Applying the rules, policies and administration procedures of different funds in accordance with the Co standards service level agreements
- Organising and managing administrators''''activities when attending to members so that responses are delivered in a professional manner according to the requirements.
- Ensuring that monthly productivity targets are met
- Monitoring performance and productivity standards and identifying areas of improvement/ Providing agents with feedback on productivity targets
- Assisting in coaching, training and development of staff
- Driving excellent service provision to contribute to the retention of clients which will result in attracting new business through proactive relationship management
- Ensuring that responsible managers/team leaders are analysing and investigating claims before the company’s EB can make a payment to the customer
- Ensuring that company procedures are followed in the processing of claims and that benefits are paid to those who are eligible
- Ensuring that payment of claims are on the basis contractual agreements between EB and the client
- Checking and ensuring that thorough investigations have been conducted for finalisation
- Building and managing relationships with internal departments and clients
- Ensuring that set targets are met on a daily and monthly basis
RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Ensure all documentation relating to umbrella funds are saved in the member profile on the system
- Ensure appropriate notes are recorded in the member profile on the system
- Full fund administration system filing REPORTING
- Prepare, analyse and present ad hoc reports as and when requested
- Prepare, analyse and present an accurate report for Trustees meetings
- Have the ability to report at Trustee meetings
- Attend to queries or inquiries by members within the required timelines
- Provide assistance to Employers or service providers where necessary
INNOVATIVE & TEAM PLAYER
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Abide by audit findings as directed by the Head of Administration
- Build and maintain supportive relationships both internally and externally
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all clients and service providers
- Build and maintain supportive relationships with teams internally
- Ensure that all communication sent internally and externally is dealt with professionally
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities during working hours to the discharge of your duties.
- Meet production standards in terms of quantity and quality.
- Manage work outflow timeously
- Relevant BCom, or Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Preferable
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- EB experience
- Financial Acumen