EXTERNAL SALES ENGINEER – NEW BUSINESS
- The purpose of this position is to open up new areas of business for the group. This will include new markets, new products and new opportunities within established business areas of the group.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A recognised technical tertiary qualification (National Certificate, B. Tech, B.Sc. or similar) or alternatively 5 years relevant experience.
- Computer literacy – good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales and Business Development.
- Analyse and report on new business areas and opportunities. E.G. Coal mines Poultry farms, Ore re-treatment, etc.
- Responsible for the planning, arrangements, setup and organisation to start the group unit business in each of these areas.
- Setup sales and technical meetings with prospective customers.
- Consultant and coordinated with the local branches and other business units.
- Follow up on quotes and proposals to ensure customer acceptance and handover to the relevant group sales representative.
- Support of group representatives, branches and departments in new business areas.
- Ensure that technical and commercial information is saved in an organised manner.
- Ensure all aspects of the new business department to be considered and arranged. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Liaison with the groups,
- Market research,
- Technical designs
- Quotation structures.
- Costing structures.
- Technical and sales documentation.
- After sales service.
- Liaise with the various departments within the group to understand capabilities and keep abreast with any new technologies or solutions being developed.
- Develop and pursue aggressive sales and business development strategies to ensure growth.
- Generate business from new and existing customers.
- Liaise with customers and keep abreast of all current and future prospects.
- Create and keep an up to date customer list or CRM input as may be required.
- A legal driver’s licence.
- A valid passport.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Self-motivated, energetic person with both strong people skills and organisational ability.
- A sense of urgency with a strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and freedom to travel extensively, including overnight stays away from home.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.