Responsible for the establishment of new world data operating models, architectures and platforms to deliver data fluency in operational as well as BI contexts.
- On the BI side, these platforms should support both traditional reporting as well as advanced analytical solutions.
- On the operational side, capabilities such as master data management, data quality management, reference data management and metadata management will be required in support of amongst other objectives, the business’ digital client and intermediary engagement objectives.
Leadership & Change Management
- Member of the Group Technology Executive Committee reporting to the Chief Information Officer.
- Fulfill line management responsibility for several senior direct reports from potentially diverging backgrounds, operating across the various functional areas that make up the platform, including architecture, operations and projects.
- Exhibit leadership skills including delegation, communication, influencing, coaching, building vision and taking ownership.
- Actively participate in key management and governance forums and establish additional governance as required.
- Set direction and standards in the context of the Group Technology IT strategic pillars and actively drive adherence to these.
- Build a skilled internal Group Technology team to deliver data platforms sustainably to the business over time.
- Communicate effectively across departments regarding the role of data in business and actively drive adoption of the modern data platforms and the decommissioning of legacy data platforms to gain the benefits of simplification of the platform environment.
- Actively engage with the business to understand the strategy of the business, within the Life and Savings Cluster.
- Provide input to the Group Technology strategy.
- Provide input to the business’ data and digital strategy.
- Develop the Data Platform & Engineering strategy and prepare supporting tactical plans.
- Develop, drive, measure and feedback progress on the contribution of data platforms to the business strategy.
Data Platform & Engineering Management
- Actively and continuously evolve the platform technologies, architecture and standard patterns to enable the business portfolio teams with solutions in a changing business landscape.
- Establish the Data Platform & Engineering operating model and architecture to support both traditional reporting requirements as well as advanced analytics requirements to enhance business decisions, both operationally and strategically.
- Collaborate closely with other Group Technology executive leaders and lines manager to manage interdependencies within the technology environment.
- Maintain healthy relationships with vendor partners and engage strategically with them to optimise the value add from these relationships.
- Establish an appropriate budgeting and cost recovery model, establish financial commitment from businesses making use of data platform services and manage the actual expenses and recoveries to budget on an ongoing basis.
Data Platform Project and Delivery Management
- Manage the delivery of data platform-related enhancements, upgrades and proofs of concept using agile ways of working.
- Establish the necessary project governance capabilities to ensure adequate governance and business engagement for platform projects.
Data Platform Operations Management
- Establish the operational team and associated operating model for running the data platform operations upon which data workloads and experiments are productionised.
- Establish the service model and relevant service level agreements with business stakeholders invested in the data platforms.
- Executive Oversight over the data operational teams to deliver its contracted services in line with the relevant service model agreements.
- Implementation of MDM frameworks and Platforms.
- Implementation of the operations platform and drive vision strategy, delivery, business support and governance for the platform.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the group’s data platform vision and strategy.
Business Support & Engagement
- Overall Executive accountable for promoting the ways in which data platforms can enhance and/or support business goals.
- Maintain platform architecture and foundation development roadmaps in collaboration with the business cluster delivery teams.
- BSc Degree in Engineering, Science or Information Technology.
- A Management qualification will be advantageous.
- Data Certifications highly advantageous.
- 10 years relevant Operational or Project related experience of Technology Platform Management in a Data/BI environment.
- 10 years in positions requiring executive level influence and personally operating at senior management level would be advantageous.
- 10+ years business management of a technical data platform
- Experience applying Data Platform and Engineering in a Life Insurance or Financial services business context would be advantageous.
- Experience of Financial Services and Insurance.
- Good knowledge and understanding of interaction between data, technology and business applications for insights and improving decision-making.
- Sound knowledge of insurance products, distribution models and processes would be an advantage.
- Advanced analytics to address business requirements.
- Business requirement identification.
- Object and data models.
- Profile source data and determine all source data and metadata characteristics.
- Strategic data management.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.