Responsible for receiving orders, documents the order’s requirements, gathers and packs merchandise, and then arranges for shipping or freight. Must be familiar with the shipping requirements relevant to their work. As well as pack, ship, and file reports for a variety of merchandise. Also efficiently organize and process goods at an acceptable pace. Scheduling and organizing routes, taking calls, estimating and giving quotes, investigating problems, monitoring orders'' status, invoicing orders, and performing basic clerical duties are often tasks performed by the clerk.
- Co-ordinate and consolidate shipments from suppliers in the most cost-effective manner
- Negotiate freight rates and sailing and flight schedules etc. to ensure timeous clearance and delivery
- Track shipments with clearing agents with regards to timelines, custom releases or detentions etc.
- Assist sales team with export quotations via air, sea and road
- Negotiate rates with various export agents, shipping lines and road transporters for all forms of export: air, sea and over border
- Negotiate transport and delivery of shipments via the various modes of transport to our premises at the best rate to accommodate our specific schedules and requirements i.e. from ports, airports etc.
- Develop lasting and strong relationships with all service providers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- B-Tech / Degree in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- MINIMUM 5 years logistics management experience in the shipping and freight industry.
- Extensive freight logistics management experience (road, sea and air - with emphasis on sea-freight) with logistics broker or commodities trader.
- Extensive experience in managing bulk cargo and shipping containers.
- Solid experience in logistics document management (e.g. import, export, waybills, financial instruments, etc.).
- Solid project management experience in logistics management.
- Knowledge of all modes of transport regulations, compliance standards and INCOTERMS.]
If you would like us to assist you with future career opportunities, please apply directly.
For Supply Chain jobs, please visit --------Please upload your CV here-------->
We appreciate your interest, however if you have not had any response within 2 weeks from one of our consultant, we will place your CV on our database and contact you as soon as a suitable career opportunity for your skills and experience becomes available.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.