QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Electrical background - preferably an electrical trade or equivalent experience
- An N6 / S4 in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years Variable Speed Drives related experience.
- Basic understanding of the operation and design of a Variable Speed Drive
- Computer literacy - good general computer knowledge and experience as well as Windows, MS Word, and Excel. (SYSPRO is an advantage)
- A keen sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional job related skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent people, communication, and organisational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
- CRM experience will be advantageous
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To generate VSD business from new and existing customers:
- The primary function of this position is to aggressively penetrate the market and generate VSD business.
- Cold calling on new customers.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with existing and ne customers.
- Provide high levels of service ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate activities within the company to ensure commitments to customers are kept.
- Administration coupled to sales activities:
- Call plans
- Call reports
- Budgets forecasts
- Monthly reports
- CRM Maintenance and use
Internal and external technical support of the drives business:
- Answering customer queries.
- Supporting the company representatives, internal sales and projects in preparing quotes and information for customers.
- Periodically preparing quotes and tenders.
Customer liaison and visits:
- Meeting with customers to clarify enquiry specifications.
- Dealing with customer queries on technical issues.
Commissioning and basic repairs:
- This position is essentially not a service technician, but will require that the successful applicant do both commissioning and basic repairs.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.