Based Eastern Suburbs. Become the Financial Manager of one of the larger Branches in a major listed FMCG Group with excellent career opportunities to become a General Manager or Regional Financial Manager in due course. The position reports into a sales driven Branch Manager and the candidate will give advice to him on the financial direction of the business. The Branch employs 200 people and which includes Operations and Warehousing with ‘route to market’ as a focal point in the success of the business. The candidate will have an oversight in the non-financial aspects of the business especially operations and will be responsible for managing a department of 5 Debtors Controllers, Bookkeeper and 5 Admin Support staff. The Creditors function is directed from Head Office and each of the Branch Financial Managers are responsible for their Creditors and will spend a few days a month managing them at the Head Office.
Key performance areas, inter alia, include:
- Supervise and mentor financial & admin staff and be directly involved in daily problem solving and which may even include basic bookkeeping like journals, general ledger reconciliations, banking and similar. There is a Shared Services Centre that the candidate will also work closely with.
- Prepare monthly management accounts where there are very strict and non-negotiable deadlines. This consists of using their existing computer package to obtain the Trial Balance and transporting the financial information onto an Excel Spreadsheet to prepare the relevant packs and management information.
- Annual Budget and monthly forecast as well as Cashflow Statement needs to be prepared and carefully managed especially Working Capital Management (Debtors, Creditors, Stock & Bank).
- Manage the Annual Audit with newly appointed Auditors from the Big 4 and liaise with them for all their requirements.
- Be fully involved in Operations which include regular stocktakes (over weekends), ensure correct stock levels and relevant controls in the business are in place and being adhered to, oversee material financial & other irregularities that may arise.
- Be the ‘hand brake’ of the Branch and ensure sound financial decisions are made and all new Customers are creditworthy. Also be on the lookout for existing problems with current Customers.
- Tertiary accounting qualification and with not less than 10 years experience in the commercial sector and from an FMCG/Distribution business. Ideally the candidate should have completed Articles in a small to medium sized Firm and be fully experienced in basic Bookkeeping and Accounting.
- Have sound experience in managing staff and with sound exposure gained in Operations and/or other parts of the business besides Accounting. A good understanding of a product-related industry where logistics and supply chain were an integral part of the business.
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in one or more accounting packages like Pastel, Accpac or similar.
- Must have a strong, assertive and robust personality and be a walk around Financial Manager as this position is not desk driven but requires the candidate to become involved in all aspects of the business.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on (011)-----.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.