Main purpose / objective of the position:
To manage the full building and technical services components of the properties ensuring that the operation runs smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the portfolio within set parameters, standards, legislation and budget ensuring efficient and effective operations
- Candidate to have the necessary electrical distribution related qualification in managing a premises exceeding 10 MVA power
- To manage capex, abnormal, day-to-day maintenance and operations budgets in conjunction with core competency including:
- Budget preparation.
- Preparation of budget plan for department.
- Monthly variance reporting.
- Compilation of five-year rolling maintenance plan in conjunction with core strategies.
- To manage capex, tenant installations, maintenance and abnormal projects in conjunction with core competence.
- To manage contracts and service level agreements together with core competency through the following interventions:
- Scope of work is set
- Specifications are drafted
- Proper tender process is followed.
- Timeous appointment of contractors according to procedural requirements.
- Performance evaluations on contractors are carried out.
- Crisis and Business Continuity Management according to set procedures
- To implement agreed corrective actions on all audit findings.
- To manage performance of direct reports with input from core competence, ensuring:
- input into job profiles
- performance contracts are discussed and agreed
- regular one on one's are held with staff to discuss progress of individual areas of accountability
- formal performance reviews are held at least annually
- measures are used to take appropriate remedial action
- developed and skilled team
- To manage tenant operational issues including:
- ensuring that the terms of the lease agreement are adhered to by all tenants
- that building standards are applied in the interest of customer service
- ensuring that operational staff adhere to a 24-hour turnaround policy
- regular tenant visitations are undertaken and outcome documented
10. To coordinate and oversee all matters pertaining to tenants installations in the team inclusive of:
- Approval of plans in line with building services standards
- Ensure that installations are on track in terms of specifications and timing
- Ensure that the requirements of the local authorities are adhered to
- Ensure minimised costs as a result of delayed tenant installations
11. To carry out tenants take-on and take-back inspections by ensuring the following:
- Letters are forwarded to tenants advising of either the take-on or takeback inspection
- Take-on and take-back inspections are coordinated with the Technical
- Meetings set up with the tenant
- Provide costing for any remedial work necessary
- Ensure that all electrical certificates of compliance are in place
- Take-on and take-back inspections are loaded on the system timeously
- Ensure that all costs are recovered from tenants on departure
12. Represent the commercial and retail team and the core competency at building projects design and site meetings in the case of developments, refurbishments and extensions
13. Ensure energy management to include:
- all aspects of utilities in the team inclusive of water, gas and refuse
- management of power factor correction and HT equipment
- monthly generator tests to be carried out
Experience / Education:
- Senior Certificate
- Degree or diploma in Facilities Management
- At least 7 years minimum experience in a variety of facilities services roles with emphasis on tenant installations, building maintenance and technical roles with Project Management experience.
Skills/ Knowledge required:
- Customer market understanding
- Business procedures, rules and processes
- Legislation and regulations
- Computer literate
- Managerial Skills
- Financial Skills
Competencies required: Essential:
- Planning and Organising
- Team Leading and Supervising
- Analytical thinking
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Persuading and Influencing Customer Service Orientation Desirable:
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Creating and Innovating
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Working with People