Skills and knowledge:
- Minimum requirement is a CA.
- Strong capabilities to work with acccounting specific computer systems (Excel; Accpac, banking software);
- A retail background would be advantageous.
- Methodical and high attention to detail
- Precise and disciplined
- Objective and factual reasoning
The day to day activities /actions the employee must complete
- Daily reporting of cashflows and managing the group’s liquidity position on a daily basis to provide the lowest cost or highest return on funds employed;
- Daily review of all CFC accounts in the business, recording and reporting of the foreign currency requirements and outstanding deals and monitoring of all hedge and uncovered positions;
- Compiling of weekly consolidated 12 week cashflow forecasts for the business operations, reviewing and following up with accountants on their forecasts, identifying appropriate funding or deposit resources to manage the business’s requirements over the forecast period.
- Daily reconciliation of all bank accounts and matching of all cashflows to underlying receipts or payment instructions;
- Daily reconciliation of all instructions by accounts payable and receivable, recording and confirmation of these with banks and accountants, and identifying and rectifying any uncleared transactions;
- Accurate loading and capture of accounts payable transactions and payments in the relevant systems;
- Daily review of all invoices or accounts payable for due date, notifying the appropriate parties and ensuring that all suppliers are paid in accordance with terms negotiated with them;
- Perform day end / day opening procedures in Accpac and FRS to ensure that all transactions have been processed correctly and that the relevant sub-ledgers support the transactions processed;
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports that extract and present decision useful information for senior management;
- Easy access to banking and accounting information systems by authorised employees.
- Financial processing and recording:
- Bank reconciliations;
- Foreign creditors reconciliation and payment;
- Local creditors reconciliation and payment;
- Debtors reconciliation and follow up;
- Goods in transit reconciliation;
- Fixed Asset register maintenance.
- Ensuring the system has all the information required for the company accountants to complete the VAT return computation and submission
- Suppliers & Inbound Logistics:
- Opening of foreign supplier Letters of Credit;
- Liaise with FNB on payment of all Letters of Credit;
- T/T payments to all other foreign suppliers;
- Obtaining Proforma invoices;
- Packing lists and invoices from suppliers - reconcile Proforma to invoice for differences/credits due - liaise with foreign suppliers directly
- Liaison with warehouse, following up on inbound shipment and outbound distribution queries
- Daily cash
- Weekly 12 week cashflow forecast
- Forex forecast and reporting of any exposure
- Monthly Creditors and Debtors ageing
- Review debtors and creditors age analysis for any outstanding amounts
- Assist with the preparation of flash reports with variance analysis
- Compare and give reasons for differences between flash and actual results
- Preparation in full for yearly audit - PBC lists, Trial Balances, Reconciliations,
- Constant review of the control environment
i. Review of all established controls to ensure compliance and effectiveness
ii. Develop new controls to respond to the changing business environment
- General Ledger
- Monthly reconciliations
- Check all sub-ledgers balances to the general ledger
- Prepare and process journals to the ledger
- Revaluation of accounts payable, receivable and cash book sub-ledgers and adjustment of forex
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts with proper back up documents
- Un-reconciled items to be reconciled within 2 months
- Ensure that all statutory obligations are met and submitted on time
- Provide departments with information as and when required
- Perform any other ad hoc duties that may be requested from time to time
- Assisting with budget preparation and updating on Accpac
- Assisting with internal and external audit requirements
- Support FM as and when required.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.