Reporting to the Finance Manager, your responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Preparing all Purchase Requisitions for each department accurately and timely. Obtaining all necessary approvals before finally issuing the Purchase Order.
- Reviewing weekly payments loaded in FNB to signed Payment Certificate and invoice.
- Preparing VAT reports for South Africa and Lesotho on a monthly basis for review by the Finance Manager prior to submission to SARS/LRA.
- Preparing all IVCF reports for the LRA on a monthly basis for review by the Finance Manager prior to submission.
- Preparing monthly and annual management accounts for individual companies within the Group according to International Financial Reporting Standards for SME’s.
- Managing all monthly intercompany transactions and intercompany loan reconciliations, together with the general ledger reconciliations for the related companies.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register for the Group.
- Reviewing the monthly bank and petty cash accounts for the Group. Following up and resolving all queries.
- Ensuring all invoices are paid as per the stipulated client payment terms - no overdue balances on the age analysis.
- Payroll: Preparation of EMP201; EMP501 Reconciliation; UIF and WCS submission.
- Preparing and managing department budgets and forecasts with budget owners.
- Monitoring and reporting on departmental budgets.
- Organising all financial documents produced and received.
- Assisting the Auditors where required for the finalisation of the Group audit.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities
- Organised with a high level of accountability.
- The ability to think on your feet and solve problems.
- Able to roll up sleeves and work hard.
- Willingness to put in extra effort to meet deadlines.
- Be eager and willing identify and contribute to continual system improvements and implementation.
- Flexibility and quick turnaround time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of curiosity.
- Humble and down to earth.
- Confident, comfortable and effective in a disruptive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to effectively communicate between departments, different staff levels and multiple countries.
- Willing to take on new challenges.
- Time management, perform under pressure and demonstrate flexibility and agility in a fast-paced environment.
- Being able to self-manage and work remotely.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A diploma or degree in accounting (CIMA/SAIPA).
- 10 years post qualification experience in a financial role.
- One - two years of experience in retail commerce and industry would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proven experience with accounting software (SAGE One will be an advantage).
- A passion for technology and applications and using these to work smarter.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.