Our Client, a National Group leader in the Agribusiness Financial Services sector, with their Head Office based in Lichtenburg, North West Province, Gauteng, is seeking to URGENTLY appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Financial Manager.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- The Financial Manager position is accountable for the administrative and financial management operations for the Company.
- This include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, compliance to tax and other applicable law/regulations, audit protocol, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a CA(SA) and in good standing with SAICA, with extensive IFRS knowledge.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in a senior financial role in a production environment, experience within the agricultural sector will count towards recommendation.
- Sound knowledge and experience with accounting treatment of forex and SAFEX trading of agricultural derivatives on the JSE Commodity Derivatives and other relevant markets, experience in Oil Seed commodities will count towards recommendation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Financial Management, Procurement Management and Risk Management.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Track record in the preparation and management of strategic plans, business plans and annual performance budgeting.
- Ability to implement internal systems and controls to ensure sound financial management.
- Person must be proficient in English/Afrikaans speaking.
- Self-driven and independent.
- Good strategic management and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Results orientated and able to work under pressure.
- Good stakeholder management.
- Excellent Business Acumen.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Providing Business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems (analytical tools, information systems and models or projections of cost behaviour) and policies to ensure effective and efficient management of resources. Ensure adequate internal financial control arrangements and systems for the accountable delegation of financial powers, assets security, monitoring and evaluation of early warning system and timeous corrective action.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all relevant stakeholders, including suppliers, board of directors, etc. Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual report and accounts.
- Ensuring adequate cash flow to meet the company’s needs.
- Preparing and submitting timeous monthly management accounts.
- Oversee budgetary process, exercise budgetary control and provide early warning arrangements at a strategic level.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Maintain balance sheet control within targets set by the board.
- Company Secretarial functions.
- Evaluate and document the terms negotiated with suppliers and management of all contracts applicable to the Company, and
- The effective management of personnel and relevant staff matters.
Apply NOW by forwarding your CV + CTC Salary details directly via this site or to --------Please upload your CV here--------.
- The closing date for applications is 5TH July 2019.
- Should you not receive our relayed invitation for an interview with the client within two weeks of the closing date, please accept your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The client reserves the right not to make an appointment.
SHOULD THIS OPPORTUNITY NOT BE SUITABLE TO YOU, PLEASE FORWARD IT TO A FRIEND.