Our Client, a well-established Group in the Manufacturing industry is seeking to URGENTLY appoint a dynamic Financial Manager for its Finance BU, based in Roodepoort, Johannesburg.
- Highly Negotiable Remuneration Package on offer will be commensurate with experience
- The Financial Manager will report to the Group Financial Manager.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum CA(SA) qualification Essential
- Minimum 3 years' managerial experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of South African tax legislation
- High level knowledge of Companies Act requirements.
- JD Edwards knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Experience in management of staff
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail of high importance
- Personal attributes:self-motivated, enthusiastic, honesty and integrity
- Ability to multi-task, process driven and target driven individual
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Monthly preparation of financial results for the divisions and companies. Submission of management packs to Head Office.
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the business complies with all corporate deadlines
- Review of fixed asset register and submission of CAPEX requests to head office
- Ad hoc reports and projects as required
- Manages the level of liquidity and day-to-day financial operations of the company and takes appropriate action which allows for monitoring of cash inflows, banking status reports, accounts receivable summaries, foreign currency exchange transactions.
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements (AFS) for the subsidiary companies in accordance with IFRS.
- Review and analysis of monthly financial results for the divisions and companies in order to identify areas of cost saving, enforce budget restrictions and identify areas for corrective action.
- Preparation of subsidiary provisional and annual tax computations and submission to relevant authorities. Review of subsidiary VAT computations to ensure that accurate returns are submitted. Resolution of VAT and tax audits as and when they arise.
- Managing the annual external audit including the preparation of audit deliverables and the finalization of the audit within the prescribed deadline.
- Ensure that the JD Edwards processes for Accounts Payable, Assets, Controlling and Financial Integration are appropriately designed and implemented to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and to reduce reporting risks to an acceptable level.
- Oversight responsibility for the factory and other admin business areas.
- Ensuring that staff are suitably trained, that leave procedures are followed and that all functional work responsibilities are allocated and completed
- Liaise with all line managers and assist them with the necessary finance support
- Provide financial/leadership support to business unit
- The closing date for applications is 25th September 2019.
- Should you not receive our relayed invitation for an interview with the client within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has not been unsuccessful.
- The client reserves the right not to make an appointment.
SHOULD THIS OPPORTUNITY NOT BE SUITED TO YOU, KINDLY FORWARD IT TO A FRIEND.