Key Role Responsibilities:
Responsible for the financial management of the portfolios under management including:
- Providing strategic input into the policies and processes within the portfolio’s finance department
- Responsible for the full financial function of the Property portfolios under management
- Overseeing the financial management of the Property portfolios accounting for all regions, ensuring that the various regions are provided with the appropriate guidance where necessary
- Rolling out head office controls and processes to the regions where applicable
- Overseeing the treasury and investment function for the portfolios under management
- Working closely with clients, to ensure that the needs and expectations of the clients are being addressed and identifying areas for improvement
- Overseeing and coordination of the internal and external auditors, ensuring all necessary deliverables are provided
- Must have a good understanding of the portfolio under management. Must have regular meetings with the portfolio accountants and the creditors/cashbook supervisor responsible for the property portfolios to ensure that adequate guidance is provided where necessary.
- Must have a very good understanding of PIMS, Management reporting (Ex Frx) and Great Plains in order to be able to provide the necessary assistance to staff when required.
- Overseeing the maintenance and the reconciliation of the respective general ledgers
- Performing all month-end and year-end procedures, ensuring that all client requirements and deadlines are met
- Ensure that the financial records are accurate, complete, valid and classified correctly all the time.
Review of the monthly management packs where necessary
- Review and authorisation of balance sheet recons
- Review and authorisation of vat submissions
- Review of adjustment accounts prepared for sold properties
- Adherence to reporting requirements for the portfolio under management (format and timing)
- Project manage client take on new property acquisitions
- A very good understanding of the take on process to ensure the adequate co-ordination of the take on of all new property acquisitions
- Ad hoc review of portfolio provisional income statements
- Overseeing the submission of all statutory returns
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects related to the financial and administration needs of the portfolios
- Important role regarding staff growth ensuring that staff have a clear and attainable future
- Cheques and EFT signatory on all portfolio bank accounts
- Maintain good working relationships with the Property Management division
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of policies related to the financial systems and procedures
- Implementation, modifications and ensuring the adherence to all internal controls
- Provide oversight and a high-level review of the budgeting process
- Obtaining high-level information regarding large utility accruals, highlighting anomalies and variances which require further attention from the relevant PM's and Portfolio Accountants
- Maintaining other financial control functions
- Overview review of Year to date results, versus budget, and or previous projections, and proving Client with summary
- Managing and coordinating the various stages of financial closes and updates on the PIMS with property management
- Due to the high demands of the financial management position, there would be a need to work overtime where the need arises.
- Matriculation Certificate
- B. Com Honours or a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Previous experience as a financial manager or a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience as an accountant.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.