- BCom Honours essential
- Articles would be an advantage
- CA would be an advantage
- Solid experience in management and financial accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel essential
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of Accpac would be an advantage
Key Result Areas:
- Monthly maintenance, verification and report on asset register.
- Prepare, submit and track Capex workflows for the acquisition, transfer or disposal of fixed assets
- Conduct regular audits on fixed assets to ensure correctness of fixed assets register
- Assist with compilation of Capital Budget
- Oversee the financial aspects of the acquisition of fixed assets.
- Account for any over expenditure on acquisition.
- Process workflows for the updating of fixed assets register.
- Manage and monitor company accounting procedures, policies and internal controls; according to internal standards
- Implement and communicate Corporate Governance charter to all management.
- Consolidate budgets, plans and forecasts for departments with adherence to strict deadlines.
- Manage expenditure to budgets.
- Analyse and report on operational variances from budget on expenditure items
- Monthly maintenance of ledger, and authorize timeous adjustments wherever necessary.
- Address any discrepancies with creditor’s payments.
- Ensure month end procedures are adhered to according to predetermined deadlines.
- Working capital management and reporting.
- Prepare monthly management accounts required by management
- Report on Income Statement variances.
- Review General Ledger transactions and report on budget vs. actual.
- Report on irregular variances that have been investigated.
- Handle internal & external audits.
- Recommend and implement corrective action.
- Overview of payroll administration, processing and payment – incl tax returns, workman’s’ comp, staff loans, leave accrual, SDL/ BEE reporting, EMP201/EMP501
- Reviewing monthly creditors packs for payments
- Reviewing cash book recons
- VAT checking, submissions and management.
- Management of insurance for the company.
- Management of all statutory records (share certificates etc).
- Management of finance leases.
- Ad hoc assistance on various financial projects / investigations.
- Recruit and retain appropriate quality staff.
- Create an environment which is conducive to learning and development
- Manage performance feedback process in accordance with set goals.
- Create a team culture of commitment and delivery against predetermined objectives, values and business requirements.
- Create and maintain a culture of accountability and responsibility.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.