Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualification in B.Comm. or Commercial Degree or related qualification is essential.
- Previous financial accountant experience is essential.
- Previous management experience in a similar financial position is essential.
- CA (SA) or CIMA qualification would be advantageous.
- Company will consider a candidate who has completed articles.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the financial controls.
- Managing the debtors and creditors function.
- Managing the month end and year-end accounting process.
- Ensuring timely and accurate review and preparation of management accounts and reports.
- Ensuring compliance to VAT, tax, customs, IFRS, policies and procedures, risk management as well as implementing corrective measures to non-compliance.
- Maintaining the integrity of the financial systems.
- Managing CAPEX applications.
- Ensuring the status of records for year-end including debtors, creditors and fixed assets for the region are updated.
- Ensuring stock procedures are followed.
- Approving and monitoring expenses according to group policy.
- Adhering to group policies and ensuring adequate policies and procedures are in place.
- Overseeing budgeting, planning and forecasting.
- Assisting with commercial related decisions.
- Guiding and supporting the regional team with financial decision-making.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable based on experience gained.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.