Join well-known and established medium sized Construction & Investment Group that has been in business for over 40 years. The business specialises in construction of residential and commercial projects in South Africa as well as having a vibrant property development operation and investment operation including a continually expanding property portfolio which it administers and manages. Oversee a smallish Financial Department of 7 Staff (Assistant Accountant, Debtors, Creditors, Council Administrator and Accounts Clerk). This role will include ongoing interaction with Staff in the field like the Construction Manager, Quantity Surveyor as well as various other employees like the Sales & Marketing Manager, Financial Manager of the Property Portfolio Division, etc. This position reports to the General Manager who is also a Director of the Group.
Key Performance Areas, inter alia, include:
- Managing the Financial Department and functions, namely, Monthly Management Accounts, Cashflow Statement, extensive Analyses, for example, Gross Profit Financial Ratios, Trends, Work-In-Progress Calculations, Systems & Controls, Annual Budget, etc.
- Liaise with Bank Managers and external parties like Suppliers and Customers
- Manage Finance, Bonds and other related Monetary issues
- Report on the various construction projects and interact with the Construction Manager especially in terms of Retentions, Cashflows, Terms of Contract and Collections
- Control Year-End Audit and liaise with External Auditors
- Oversee Salary preparation and payment as well as all Statutory Returns like Provisional Tax, VAT, IRP5 submissions as well as CIPC submission
- Ensure Fixed Asset Register is upto date including reconciliations and control.
- B. Comm. Accounting or similar Tertiary Accounting Qualification
- Ideally from Construction or Industrial Sector
- Able to professionally interact with External Stakeholders which includes Customers, Finance Houses, Banks, Government Departments
- Leadership skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proven track record.
Apply on-line or alternatively phone Gerald Lilian on (011)-----.
Be advised that if you do not receive a response within two weeks from date of submission of your CV, then please deem your application as unsuccessful.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.