Minimum requirements for the role:
- Tertiary qualification in BComm. Accounting or related qualification would be preferred.
- Company will consider a candidate who has completed articles.
- Previous experience having worked in a Financial Accounting or Financial Management role is essential.
- Previous experience having worked on Pastel or similar accounting package is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing full financials assuring accuracy of monthly financial statements as well as analysing and interpreting financial information.
- Overseeing and preparing consolidated budgets.
- Managing and analysing monthly forecasts, auditing financial statements, unqualified audit reports, tax computation and deferred tax computation.
- Conducting variance reporting monthly and annually.
- Managing the financial systems, internal controls and following audit requirements assuring accuracy of records, compliance with statutory requirements and preparing audit documentation.
- Overseeing and monitoring the working capital of the company.
- Managing the full debtors and creditors function.
- Preparing and processing monthly journals.
- Managing full payroll function.
- Preparing and handling VAT returns, company tax return, tax submission, PAYE, updating of the company’s statutory records and maintaining statutory registers.
- Managing cash book ensuring accurate cash book processing, correct allocation of expenses, petty cash processing and reconciliations for petty cash.
- Co-ordinating BEE audit.
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.