GENERAL MANAGER | ISP
R 52 – 80 000
- At least 3 years experience in General management.
- At least 2 years business / sales experience.
- At least years experience managing in a WISP Environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- General Managers are in charge of a WISP.
- A General Manager will have the important role of keeping the WISP on track with the company’s mission, vision, strategic plan and values.
- A General Manager may be in charge of a WISP which is located across an area / geography. i.e. Have branch offices and warehouse at different locations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Growth & Budget:
- Accountable to grow the WISP business in line with the Board approved budget
- Implement the company’s growth strategy
- Manage and report to the Regional General Manager on budget items such as capital expenditure, as per the company’s approved delegation of Authority
2. General Management:
- Accountable for the performance of the WISP
- Full responsibility to ensure the WISP runs operationally smoothly, thus ensures the network infrastructure, HR, sales, marketing, customer satisfaction and finance are all sound
- You are the eyes and ears in the business.
- We need you to check in and communicate with us about the health and status of the
part of the business you manage and to advise and / or ask for help
- Report to the Region and companies Management for financials, technical and operational aspects
4. Culture and Values:
- Oversee the implementation of the official company’s culture and values in the wisp through cooperation with the Region and Head office
5. Performance Management:
- Administer performance management in the WISP as per the company’s Performance Management guidelines
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- General Managers have to keep their employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions.
- A successful General Manager is a good leader.
- Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done.
Math and Budgeting:
- Manage WISP budget.
- Confidence in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.
- Analytical skills are needed to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
- Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to success.
- A Technical or Business Management diploma will be advantageous