QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering/ Business or Management
· At least 5 years of relevant senior operational or general management experience with a successful track record
· Employment Equity candidate in line with SA legislation
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Align and implement strategy, goals and direction in support of the broader Group business plans for the manufacturing facility.
· Drive the achievement of results both in the areas of production targets and business profitability and sustainability. Manage the day to day running of the manufacturing facility, ensuring the optimisation of resources, technologies, capital and raw material. Lead and direct the management team towards achieving the operational and business objectives. Optimisation of production capacity must be managed accordingly, in line with targets set,
· Implement appropriate community development programmes for the community in which the manufacturing facility operates, as part of the operational strategy.
· Lead and manage the various functional units such as Production, Engineering, Procurement, HR and Finance, and ensure an integrated team culture. Ensure cross functional team effectiveness, and drive the effective functioning of the different teams across the various functions.
· Manage the financial performance and ensure adherence to company standards and policy, and governance structures. Work closely with the Group financial leadership team in this area of responsibility, because there is a strong reporting line into Group in this function. Profitability, cash flow and effective cost and capital expenditure management are key business drivers.
· Effective management of all stakeholders, both internal and external, particularly local government and communities.
· Focus on, and support the skills development function. This must include the attraction, retention and development of talent, within the context of Group initiatives to build a strong technical and operational skills pipeline.
· Drive the Safety, Health and Environmental Management requirements. Ensure the development and implementation of SHE strategies, programmes and systems for the operation, and provide support and leadership to the operational SHE Manager. Ensure the upliftment of current SHE Programmes, with particular emphasis on issues related to employee health and wellbeing.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.