Job & Company Description:
- Strategy formation and implementation o Set strategic direction of manufacturing and mining process, develop continuous improvement initiatives and improve procedures in an economical manner;
- Develop annual strategic manufacturing and mining plan.
- Operations and Leadership Maintain and encourage a positive safety culture at all times;
- Co-ordinate, lead and manage the manufacturing and mining operations;
- Ensure the operation operates in a manner consistent with company policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- Lead the operations management team and manage all personnel and resources;
- Prepare and implement operational plans for the operation, and monitor and report progress;
- Propose capital expenditure projects to expand capacity or improve operations;
- Recognize and anticipate operational, technical and safety challenges, take action to prevent or overcome them, and seek continuous improvement;
- Engage with local communities and regulatory authorities to promote company policies;
- Collaborate with other management colleagues and corporate executives to achieve overall business objectives;
- Manage and facilitate all improvement projects;
- Create and maintain a high-performance culture through the optimisation of people, processes, systems and technology.
- Identify potential business risks and ensure processes are established to manage them appropriately;
- Ensure overall legal compliance throughout business to protect both the company and employees;
- Ensure that relevant corporate governance and appropriate management systems are in place and continuously updated;
- Ensure implementation and adherence to the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental management policies, program and objectives.
- Prepare production and operating budgets, and monitor and report performance and costs;
- Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
- B Eng or B Sc in a technical discipline;
- At least 5 years work experience as a General Manager manufacturing / processing / mining operation;
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing / process technology / mining;
Job Experience & Skills Required:
- Highly organised and structured;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills
- Process innovation and creativity.
For more engineering jobs, please visit www.------
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider the vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be[PJ1] kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions.
For more information contact:
Senior Recruitment Consultant
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.