Key Performance Areas
- Develops and Manages the Management and Financial Accounting function of the Business
- Liaises with Chief Financial Officer to determine the deliverables of the department and creates plans to achieve goals and objectives
- Committee Matters
- Participates in various committees (MANCO, CROM, ALCO, CRMC, ORCO, PROCUREMENT, IMPAIRMENTS) and provides input into the strategic decision making of the bank.
Provides guidance to the Finance Department Risk Champion to enable:
- Reviewing and updating of organisational action plans on Business Unit’s risk register.
- Capturing of operational new risks identified and discussed for the Business Unit.
- Liaises with both internal and external auditors and responds to audit queries / opinions.
- Manages the co-ordination of the external Audit Process - responsible for ensuring smooth interim and year-end audits, including coordination of Client Assistance Schedules.
- Reporting and analysis (Annual Report, Monthly Management Accounts, Quarterly Reports to National Treasury)
- Compiles a financial reporting timetable for communication to all stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Manages annual report preparation process:
- Annual Financial Statements;
- Financial Performance Write Up.
Monthly Management Accounts
- Reviews monthly management accounts.
- Adapts monthly reporting as required.
- Performs financial analysis, interpretation and provides comment on financial ratios to ensure timeous and accurate reporting to Exco / Board.
Manages the Land Bank Budgeting process
- Develops and manages operational and capital budgets supported by financial planning:
- Co-ordinates the budget timetable.
- Compiles the budget guidelines in line with the Bank’s approved strategy.
- Performs quality control by checking that all aspects have been included and are within parameters as indicated in the strategic document.
- Evaluates the budgets to ensure alignment with the corporate strategy and give feedback to business units.
- Utilises information from the budgeting process for reporting in the corporate plan.
- Prepares the budget for presentation to the board.
- Creates a process flow for the management of departmental expenditure including forecasting, tracking of expenditure and cost savings measures
Implements Financial Policies and Procedures
- Creates the criteria for Financial Management approaches and develops, implements and enforces appropriate policies
- Reviews, updates and enforces policies and procedures and suggests improvements
- Oversees and is responsible for the management and adherence to policies and processes relating to Financial management
- Analyses the strategy and plan and creates the policies and approaches to support the plan through detailed sub-policies and processes:
- Expenditure policies
- Manages Payroll, Accounts Payable, Payments, Travel and Events and Projects
- Ensure that systems and controls are in place to reconcile the payments, accounts payable and employee complement, as indicated by Human Resources, with the payroll run each month.
- Sign off reconciliations for accounting purposes are undertaken monthly.
- Manages interest claims function to ensure that the backlog is reduced and all outstanding claims finalised within specified timelines and ensures that all business-as-usual
Departmental and People Management
- Analyse the business plan to determine the applicable deliverables and targets
- Compile the Performance Management documentation in collaboration with the staff member in terms of:
- Job Profile requirements
- Key Performance Areas
- Personal Development Plan
- Determine the human resource requirements, in accordance with the expected deliverables and current capacity
- Secure the human capital requirements to ensure that deliverables will be met in accordance with the expected targets
- Set and achieve employment equity targets.
- Minimise staff turnover
Develop and manage budget
- Manage expenditure and ensure no fruitless expenditure
- Adhere to financial guidelines and thus ensure proper control over expenditure
- Pursue divisional targets and manage the financial health and stability of division
Preferred Minimum Education and Experience
- Honours BCom Accounting & CTA
- Qualified CA (SA)
- 7 years experience including:
- Completion of articles, where applicable
- Experience in a Financial Management / Management Accounting position
- Business Acumen
- Tax Legislation
- Reserve Bank requirements
- Extended hours as and when required
- Travel as and when required
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.