CTC Salary: R25 000 – R30 000
Area: Sandton - Gauteng
The General Manager is responsible for the direct management of the site’s restaurant, wholesale and service operations including staffing, supply chain management, product management and ensuring that the various retail disciplines are adhered to.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPA)
Oversee and manage BOH and FOH (with the support of the management team) in all Restaurant, wholesale and service areas and make final decisions on matters of importance.
•Adhere to company standards and service level requirements to increases sales and minimize costs.
•Control costs on raw ingredients, packaging, direct labor costs, operating expenses, utilities and capital expenditures.
•Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
•Responsible for design, development and implementation of programs and procedures to
- Maximize production
- Minimize waste
- Reduce production costs
- Increase capacity and efficiencies
- Maintain product quality and brand integrity
•Co-ordinate and complete the required daily and monthly stock management activities according to the companies or as otherwise instructed.
•This will include, but not be limited to
- Work with the management team for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule delivery of fresh food and supplies
- Stock rotation
- Quality control
- Storage management
- Monthly Stock take
- Tracking product costs and updating system on an ongoing basis.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, dining, retail and wholesale areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, laws, and ordinances
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation, production and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Track production costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste
- Estimate stock requirements, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies
- Provide support and guidance for food production staff with regard to maintenance, health and safety, quality control.
- Management compliance with customer service standards
- Ensure high standards of customer service excellence in all areas both internal and external. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Together with the management team coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service
Food and Wholesale Production
- Manage the preparation of ingredients, components and finished product according to the companies Standard as detailed in the companies recipe specifications
- Schedule all food production at Sandton branch
- Assist with Quality Control programs to assure product quality.
- Provide support and guidance with regard to operational issues.
- Ensure adherence to procedures, SOP’s and Blueprints
- Provide support and guidance to Wholesale Manager, Restaurant Manager and Production Manager with regard to food production, maintenance, health and safety, quality control.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, customers and company assets
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event a customer or employee is injured
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning
- Ensure staff sign the attendance register
- Follow up non-attendance and related matters and reporting it to management.
- Manage staff throughout their shift and providing them with feedback
- Responsible for the recruitment and Interviewing of all Wembley employees. Direct hiring, and, when necessary, termination of employees
- Conduct orientation, explain the companies Philosophy, and oversee the training of new employees
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Assist in development of supervisory and junior management personnel.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the food production areas are staffed for all shifts
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standard
- Assist in the management and promotion of internship program
- Ability to problem solve
- Project management
- Displays good financial knowledge and understanding of financial documentation.
- Knowledge of cost of production
- Able to set goals based on a clearly defined mission
- Good people skills – communication, leadership, and empowerment
- Innovative and able to adapt to change
- Able to organize, focus and prioritize
- Ability to assess and take calculated risks
- Understand and carry out oral or written instructions.
- Handle multiple priorities, work under stress and exercise good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Pass all required job-related tests.
Forward your application to: --------Please upload your CV here-------->