The primary responsibilities will include supporting and enhancing the risk management process working in conjunction with the risk owners across the Scheme; implementing a comprehensive compliance management process; educating and providing guidance to Scheme officials on various GRC related topics to ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the risk management framework (framework encompass the overall risk framework (policy, manual, relevant templates etc.) and related processes).
- Support with the coordination, facilitation and monitoring of risk within the Scheme.
- Assist in preparing the quarterly Risk Report to the Audit and Risk Committee (“ARC”).
- Assist with the implementation of the combined assurance framework for the Scheme (including dashboard and quarterly reporting).
- Conduct risk awareness and training to staff as and when required.
- Implement and maintain the compliance framework (framework encompass the overall compliance framework (policy, manual, relevant templates etc.) and related processes) in order to identify, assess, monitor and report all material compliance risks
- Guide business on compliance matters to enable them to implement policies and procedures that are compliant with legislation.
- Draft the quarterly Compliance Report to ARC.
- Facilitate / encourage debate with regards to regulatory compliance risk issues at relevant business meetings.
- Work with the General Manager: GRC to ensure awareness of all relevant and emerging regulatory compliance risks.
- Assess whether all relevant controls, policies and procedures are embedded, and monitored as operating effectively and that actions are in place to address emerging risks and incidents.
- Conduct compliance reviews in line with the “Risk and Compliance Coverage Plan”.
- Assist in collaborating with service providers, Internal Audit and External Audit to oversee control systems that prevent / detect violations of policies and regulations.
- Monitor that all contracts are scanned and loaded onto the documentation management system, updated annually or as per addenda, and that original contracts are adequately safeguarded in a centralized location.
- Monitor that policies are scanned onto the documentation management system and reviewed and revised in accordance with the policy register and retained in a centralized location.
- Provide support with the execution of relevant governance processes and procedures as and when required.
- Living the Scheme values in an individual and team capacity aimed at building a cohesive working environment.
- Actively participate in all people development initiatives linked to the HR Strategy including but not limited to: Performance Management; Succession Planning; Talent Management; Change, Process Optimization and Engagement initiatives, etc.; to ensure the team’s performance meets the required standards.
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse internal (peers / team members / managers) as well as external (service providers etc.) relationships and implement remedial actions were required to ensure achievement of organisational goals.
- Provide relevant and specialised technical support, where required, to peers and colleagues to ensure the achievement of objectives.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting/legal)
- Affiliations with relevant institutes is advantageous (IIA, CISA, IRMSA, CIA certification etc.)
- 3-4 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- 3-4 years’ experience in the medical scheme industry advantageous
- 4-5 years’ experience of governance, risk and compliance/ internal audit
- Clear credit and criminal record
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.