REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Registration with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants SAICA
- Chartered Accountant NQF level 8
- 5 years post-article experience, 2 of which must be in a statutory reporting role. At least 5 years post article experience.
- Financial Reporting & Accounting 80%
- Preparation of the Group Consolidation
- Manage and co-ordinate monthly, Interim and Annual statutory reporting requirements of the Group.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Group adheres to the relevant accounting standards and stock exchange regulations and consistent application throughout the Group.
The role is responsible for:
- The preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements including analyzing data from subsidiaries and business units.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances and preparation of related elimination entries.
- Monitor the implementation of the Inter-company policy and procedure.
- Development and implementation of consolidation process improvements.
- Management of the month-end close processes.
- Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with external auditors.
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders by building and managing internal and external customer relationships.
- Motivate, lead, guide and mentor the Statutory Reporting team.
People Leadership 20%
- Provide coaching and relevant training to subordinates
- Review tasks performed by junior staff and provide assistance
- IFRS; Financial and Billing Systems; Measurement Techniques; Organizational Functionalities; Problem Solving
- Analytical Ability; Change Management; Conflict Management; Leadership Communication; Empowering; Visionary
- Security clearance-integrity assessment.
- SAP and Hyperion experience a plus.
- Experience with Group Consolidations in accordance with IFRS, especially in the application and accounting consolidations, cash flows, acquisitions,
- disposals, and equity accounting.
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills/ ability to continually prioritize workload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge in preparing financial statements.
- Technical and analytic skills.