- CA (SA)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, of which 2-3 years within group financial consolidation In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- In-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures and processes
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory, statutory and compliance frameworks affecting area of responsibility
- Hyperion, SAP, BW, COGNOS
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Perform monthly and annual Group consolidation on EPM and
- Cognos Perform consolidation of latest view/budgets for the Group
- Communicate and manage reporting deadlines for the Group.
- Prepare Group consolidated flash reports and distribute to Executive members
- Facilitate intercompany eliminations (Balance sheet – debtors, creditors, long-term borrowings, PPE transfers in/out; Income Statement – revenues, management fees) on reporting system.
- Perform month end calculations and updating of provisions, accruals, rates, sales and trading flash reports, trading profit, working capital tables and monthly reports
- Perform opening and closing of accounting periods
- Compile data and populate the standard notes to consolidated financial statements
- Prepare and analyze statutory, regulatory and reporting documents
- Process management and corporate adjustments
- Prepare management reports and ensure accuracy and integrity of reported numbers
- Extract data for group from source to EPM
- Perform reconciliation between Cognos and SAP EPM
- Perform equity proof for consolidation
- Prepare technical opinions on financial accounting matters for the Group
- Prepare submissions for forecasting and budgeting
- Prepare Executive reporting pack and distribute accordingly
- Provide accounting support and secretarial services
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and analytics
- Contribute to performing analysis and insights on financials and operational drivers to provide as an input for strategy development sessions
- Participate in the development of the global set of cascading performance measures that connect strategy to business execution
- Provide EPM support to users across the Group.
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Assist with ad-hoc requests in terms of potential mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Perform relevant finance calculations and collaborate with the companies merges and Acquisitions team to enable decision making
- Highlight potential risks and issues related to mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Understand implications on financials and tax implications (effective rate).
- Business controls and governance
- Assist in the identification of internal control weaknesses and the development and implementation of improvement opportunities and maintenance of EPM
- Ensure all internal audit finding are closed out in a timeous manner.
- Ensure statutory compliance to IFRS, companies act and financial legislation
- Comply with governance policies and procedures
- Conduct annual peer reviews across the group
- Keep abreast on legal and regulatory issues relating to accounting matters
- Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the apply button or visit www.------ for more exciting finance jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting finance career opportunities in our niche area!
Recruitment Consultant: Trevor Hanekom
Email: thanekom--------Please upload your CV here-------->
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.