The risk management team is responsible for the overall risk rating for Employee Benefit Risk scheme. Both new and renewal business, across South Africa and other African businesses.
The prospective candidate should ideally have a thorough understanding of Group Risk business for different products in for South Africa and the rest of Africa across both Life and Short-Term licenses. This includes understanding of Systems, Processes and Procedures.
Liaison with all internal and external stakeholders as defined per risk specialist.
Holistic overview of Employee Benefit Risk Business with specific emphasis on sales, quotes and operations.
- Management of existing risk book through re-rating of existing schemes
- Vulnerable schemes management (existing business)
- Pricing and benefit design of large/complex new business opportunities (special partners)
- Negotiation with clients, reinsurers, brokers, sales team on all aspects linked to the Company’s Group Risk Business
- Liaise with quotes team to ensure delivery of quotations
- Attend meetings with various stakeholders as required
- Assist with the audit of agreements and treaties, systems and processes
- Ensure effective communication between all stakeholders with a view to building and maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- Ensure accurate and timeous provision of information
- Staff and internal stakeholder training and development
- Implementation of strategic projects and business acquisitions
- Tracking outcomes of strategic initiatives and refining process (actuarial control cycle)
- Resolve escalated technical queries and complaints
- Quality control of output
Responsible for ongoing technical development and ongoing maintenance of the quotation system in line with HGR IT strategy including reinsurance treaty changes