The Capital Hotels and Apartments is the fastest growing hotel group in South Africa and are the leaders and specialists in the extended stay/serviced apartment/apartment hotel sector. We are currently constructing two properties per year.
This high paced growth requires ambitious and talented employees and provides such employees with promotional opportunities as they move into our newly constructed properties.
We are a privately owned - owner operated company. This means we make decisions fast and leave corporate bureaucracy behind!
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our staff love coming to work as they feel respected, appreciated, heard, successful and secure. Imagine a company where managers don’t manage managers, we are all simply doers.
Making decisions in regard to our best employees also comes fast, where we recognise talent and reward it quickly through promotions. We don’t need to or want to wait for approval. We recruit on experience but promote on values — the core of which is rigor, disciplined thought and disciplined action.
The HR Manager has two basic functions: overseeing department functions and managing employees. The HR Manager is well-versed in each of the human resources disciplines – compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations, and recruitment and selection.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide generalist HR and IR support to The Group as and when required
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate the induction Programme
- Assist the Chief HR Officer with the facilitation of the appraisal/performance review process
- Frequent interaction with management in order to eliminate and be on top of employee problems/issues/requests/suggestions. Provide support
- Plan and execute yearly HR initiatives and involve all members of staff (Corporate Social Investment such as Mandela Day, Charities, Staff Year End Function, Employee of The Month etc)
- Update and/or create job Profiles
- Update and/or create HR Policies
- Execute 3-year Employment Equity Plan with Group HR Manager, Payroll Officer and Training & Development Manager
- Ensure a spirit of wellness, positivity and high morale within the Group
- Represent Company at CCMA (Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration)
- Train and coach managers in the fair and consistent application of the Group’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Attend Disciplinary Enquiries – as and when required. Support and Assist with the preparation of such enquiries
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and ensure that staff and management adhere to these policies and procedures
- Consult and advise management and employees with regard to legislation, policies, and procedures
- Provide support to management and staff in managing performance and assist in the analysis of plans to resolve any identified performance problems
- Recruitment (start to finish) of staff. This includes: advertising job ad, sourcing and screening CV’s, setting up interviews, attending interviews, conducting reference checks
- Monthly HR & IR reporting to Chief HR Officer – as and when required
- Frequent interaction with staff in order to eliminate and be on top of employee problems/issues/requests/suggestions. Provide support
- Analyze staff turnover, identify areas of concern and work with line management to resolve any issues/find way forward
- Management/Control of Employee information/files and ensuring information is kept confidential at all times. This includes ensuring that employee records are up to date
- Administration: New Hires: This also includes recruitment process. Create offer letters, ensure new entrant is put onto the pension and medical aid scheme, acting as liaison between employee and provider, ensure hardware/software and access card are set up, assist and administer New Entrant forms, issue employee with New Entrant Pack (Company Policies and Procedures, New Entrant Forms)
- Administration: Leavers: (Resignation, Retrenchment, Decease, and Retirement) process: Issue employee with exit pack (conduct exit interview, pension withdrawal form and transfer/cancellation of medical aid). Issue employee with Certificate of Service
- Administration: Promotional and/or Ad-Hoc Changes
- Assist the Training and Development Department – when requested
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Experience in the hospitality/hotel industry (advantageous)
- Mid to Senior level position that requires experience of 5 years or more in a mid/senior HR role
- Must have experience managing a staff compliment of 300 or more
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.