Head: Logistics Manager
Salary: R-----.00 - R-----.00.
A Commodity Trading company situated in Bryanston is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to manage the end to end logistical processes of the company. The suitable candidate will be responsible for exporting commodities across Africa and importing from across the globe and will be in charge of the overall supply chain management, including contracting transporters, managing the storage and distribution of commodities.
Commodities include Bulk Soft Agricultural products, Coal as well as frozen foods. The individual must have strong shipping experience as well as practical knowledge of Road, Rail and Air transportation including all documentation involved in the import and exporting process. Prior experience in bulk as well as break bulk (containerised) logistics is an essential requirement.
The chosen candidate will monitor and report on all projects with minimum administrative assistance. Therefore, interested candidates must be self-sustaining and have good administrative skills. Local and International travel will be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Logistics / Supply Chain / Business Management PLUS other certificates relating to maritime law, Inco Terms, etc
- 10 years Logistics experience in a Shipping/Logistics/Mining environment, of which at least 5 years must have been in a logistics management / leadership role
- Relatable experience in the agricultural, coal, mining or frozen foods industry will be highly preferable
- In depth knowledge and experience of all modes of transport regulations, including compliance standards as well export and import documentation
- Shipping 70%
- Willing and able to do all admin duties as there currently are no logistical support staff
- Bulk and Break-Bulk logistics experience
- Shipping Environment Focus: Solid understanding of logistic systems and processes, logistical procedures and planning, forecasting and analysis, quality control, warehouse management as well as storage and safety requirements as it relates mostly to shipping however would also include air, road and rail
- Project management experience and exposure in continuous improvement techniques
- Must have a valid driver license
- Willing and able to travel locally and internationally at short notice
- Up to date knowledge of trade operations