The Head of Marketing will be responsible for developing, directing and implementing strategic brand and marketing plans for the company and the Franchise channel. The role will be responsible for effective management of the Marketing team and the Marketing lifecycle: Campaign design, execution, monitoring, optimization and analysis; marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, market research, and customer image.
The Head of Marketing is to stay abreast of changes in assigned marketing environments to best serve the objectives of the company. The role will also be responsible for creating innovative marketing strategies that will build the company brand, leading to increased awareness, relevance and respect among our target audience.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in discipline.
- Postgraduate degree in Marketing or Business Administration (advantageous).
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics and trends.
- 5 – 8 years’ of well-rounded marketing or business development experience.
- Solid 3 years’ experience in a similar leadership role.
- Strategic outlook and a natural marketing ability.
- Excellent Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Communications skills (verbal and written).
- Multi-stakeholder engagement (clients, suppliers and beneficiaries).
- Passionate Customer/Client service focus and advocacy.
- Leadership/Influential/ Initiative/Problem-solving skills.
- Superb analytical and negotiation skills.
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious.
Duties and responsibilities
- Define, develop and implement marketing plans and programs that encompasses all marketing segments to support the Company’s overall strategic objectives and increase revenue.
- Devise, develop and manage the Company’s mid to long-term Brand, Marketing and Communications annual business plans. i.e. market trends, competitive activity and brand presence, allocation of expenses between products and the marketing materials needed to accomplish the goals.
- Develop and implement an integrated brand framework, corporate communications plan and messaging strategy; drive it to execution with measurable impact across multiple platforms (social media platforms etc.) to increase brand awareness and recognition, incorporating ATL and digital channels to deliver a brand consistent message.
- Heighten brand awareness of the Company in the workplace, franchise channel and the marketplace.
- Develop and deliver a robust Public Relations strategy in line with business marketing objectives.
- Develop relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Communicate with and review the activities of selected marketing agencies.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated budgets.
- Evaluate market reactions to advertising programs, marketing policy, and product packaging and formulation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Work closely with our Sales team and franchises to drive customer growth and brand awareness, identifying opportunities through market research and staying abreast of competitor positioning.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts.
- Provide exceptional leadership and guidance, setting goals and defining KPIs to track the Marketing team success.
- Measure effectiveness of the marketing campaigns and plans through monitoring the growth and acquisition of high quality leads and positioning, consistency and market relevance of the company brand and tone.
- Prepare marketing activity reports.
- Manage the marketing budget linked to key deliverables by working with leadership to determine forecasting and budget allocations.
- To perform any assignments if and when requested to do so by the Chief Sales Officer and any other Executive Officer of the company.
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.