Key Role Responsibilities:
- Understand and execute strategic objectives for the business.
- Understand the business strategy, the customers and our products to communicate and deploy the vision in a meaningful way into the department,
- Translate and develop functional strategies for Procurement that are relevant to the function to ensure that Group (local and international) targets are met
- Develop a roadmap for the medium to longer term while also considering detailed short-term changes to realise the longer-term vision
- Responsible for the developing, documenting and implementing a comprehensive procurement compliance process
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the procurement department, build, manage and empower a team of subordinates to implement the procurement strategies, policies and procedures on a tactical and operational level.
- Lead according to the culture and values of the Company
- With support of the Human Resources Department, oversee all the HR issues relating to recruitment, development and training of employees as well as appropriate succession planning.
- Involvement in preparing the annual procurement budget, approval, implementation and control.
- Participating in the commercial development of the group and individual business units by detecting needs, building the “best solution” with the relevant stakeholder, training the consultant team and the clients in your expertise area.
- Develop KPI’s and targets for the team and align Group targets and KPI’s to local requirements.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting, and reviews in comparison to targets and budget.
General Accountabilities under responsibility
- Planning, directing and coordinating the activities of sources and buyers in purchasing materials, products, and services and providing efficient purchasing and inventory control services and securing the company requirements of materials, equipment, consumables and services in convenient quality, price and timing from the best sources locally and/or internationally in accordance with approved systems and regulations, and consequently contribute in the company resources optimization.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, procedures and purchasing charter in line with audit requirements.
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating supplier agreements.
- Involved in the CAPEX tendering processing, sourcing suppliers and quotes, and ensure accuracy/appropriateness of products/services and pricing
- Maintain effective supplier relationships and evaluate/audit suppliers frequently and ensure alignment to company policies
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
Measurements: (Rand, Unit, People)
- Rand Measures - Department budgets, operating costs controlled, sales revenue. State all figures on an annual basis for the current financial year
- Departmental Budget
- Cost Savings
- e-procurement where applicable
- Unit Measures:– Number of clients, suppliers, products or any other scope measurements pertinent to this job.
- Internal Customer Service
- Supplier Management
- BBBEE scores
- Payment terms
- Audit compliance
- People Measures - List total number of subordinates or, if applicable, contractors, for which this position is responsible
- KPI management
- Training, coaching and development
- Succession planning
Major Challenges:(Creativities and Vulnerabilities) - Provide details of the major challenges and problems which need to be solved in this position. This does not refer to specific short term problems but those aspects of the job a fully competent job holder would find most demanding on an ongoing basis.
- Newandeffective ways for the Company to improve profitability within our unique contexts
- Identify opportunities for growth and innovation with appropriate and manageable risk
- Sustainability and growth of the business
Vulnerabilities (control span)
- Understand the market trends and changes withinthe broader environment, given the current economic environment in South Africa and abroad
- Flexibility and adaptability of systems
- Close relationship with Stakeholders
Environment: Describe the environment or context I which the position is required to operate. Information can be provided on the nature of the product or service provided, market conditions or circumstances, the legal or professional environment or any organisation issues or challenges that impact on this position.
- Very price sensitive market
- Political instability which creates physical insecurity
- Infrastructure challenges
- Diverse cultures within the organization and countries as a whole
- Highly politicized environment with operations in different stages of development, organized regionally
- A fluid and evolving macro-economics environment both locally and internationally
- Part of an international organisation that requires stakeholder management and compliance to Group standards
- Matriculation Certificate
- 4-year degree minimum
- MBA preferred
- SAPICS Certification advantageous
- 10 years minimum experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement related role
- Proven track record in managing procurement team and commodities in an international company
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.