Qualifications and Skills Required:
- CA(SA) / CFA
- Minimum of 3 years required regulatory reporting experience in Banking.
- High degree of regulatory experience and knowledge of the South African Reserve Bank Regulations, Mutual Banks and Banking Regulations with Basel 1,2,3.
- Experience managing teams.
- Experience in financial analysis and financial modelling.
- Advanced excel.
Overview of the role:
- Be the primary entry point for the Prudential Authority for Regulatory Return Reporting data and queries.
- Provide expert advice to relevant business areas on all operational, regulatory, financial and business activities through regular interactive sessions.
- Develop appropriate analytical packs and an operating model across the bank that ensures best practice and controls.
- Constantly review and improve processes to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery in support of deadlines Identify areas of improvement in processes to drive and implement a sustainable and effective process in support of quality and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the various elements of the business model in the risk and reporting areas.
- Provide review and sign-off of team deliverables.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the technical subject matter covered by the teams. Specifically, a good knowledge of the following is required: Regulatory Reporting including new developments and impact analysis, Banking (Retail, Wealth, Investment Banking, Wholesale Banking, Treasury)
- Provide advice and challenge to the technical subject matter experts in the risk and production centres.
- Design, develop and implement robust review methodologies, analytical tools and processes to ensure appropriate, consistent and accurate information is provided in a timely manner.
Primary engagement partner for external audit on the Regulatory audit. Should you meet the above requirements please apply directly, by clicking on the apply button or visit --------Please upload your CV here--------> for more exciting finance opportunities.
If you have not had any response from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Consultant Name: Kavisha Maharaj
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.