To deliver the complete human resource generalist function, including developing and implementing people management initiatives that are aligned and adapted to the strategic objectives of the Group.
Our Client is a Large African Media Company with a presence throughout Africa with over 1000 employees.
As the HR Manager, you will be required to do the following :
- Drive the full generalist basket of deliverables (including Talent Management; Learning & Development; Industrial Relations; Organisational Design; Organisational Effectiveness; and BBBEE) ensuring operational excellence.
- Maintain and update all HR policies and procedures, ensuring the enforcement and adherence of these policies and procedures by advising and monitoring management and employees.
- Actively manage all workplace/stakeholder relationships by consulting and advising management and employees with regard to legislation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- Facilitate and proactively manage the recruitment and selection processes within the expected turnaround time and legal requirements:
- Interviews are supported by competency based screening techniques aligned to the Key Performance Areas of the role.
- The workflow and procedures are consistently applied and benchmarked against best practice as well as legal requirements.
- Employee orientation is facilitated between the line manager and employee, ensuring that the values, as well as key policies and procedures of the Company are communicated.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive Employee Self Service function, ensuring the accuracy and on time deliver of all employee information and record keeping.
- Implement and coach managers and employees on the Company's Performance Management principles in order to establish a performance driven culture.
- Assess existing departmental structures, systems and capabilities using relevant and applicable models and tools to facilitate Organisational Development and Change Management initiatives aligned to a strategic goals.
- Efficient management of the Employment Equity and Diversity processes.
- Drive and facilitate a strong team dynamic to ensure performance, productivity, and continuous improvement to workflow and processes.
- Remain apprised of all relevant and applicable amendments to labour legislation, provide an analysis of potential impact on the business and recommendation how to adapt policies and practices accordingly.
- Represent the Company at the CCMA in Conciliations and Arbitrations, preparing/collating all necessary documentation and evidence to support the Company's case.
- Provide support to management and staff in managing performance and facilitate the implementation of the performance improvement process (PIP) to resolve any identified performance problems.
- Ad hoc projects that aligned to the annual HR priorities.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience :
- Minimum bachelors degree in Human Resource
- Minimum 5 years proven HR Generalist experience, with at least 2 years in a managerial role
Market Related Salary